Risen Still no patch!?

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
Moving up on two months now and still no patch? That strikes me as pretty slow. Have there been any rumors of a patch coming soon?

There was a hotfix released a few days after release that fixed a graphics issue with Nvidia's older cards. I wasn't aware of any major outstanding bugs, either.

It's funny when a game is released in decent shape, some of us can't seem to wrap our heads around the idea of no patch. It's just bizzare now for there to be no smattering of patches after a release.

Other than the ending, what really needs fixing?

The game was pretty bug free for me. The only bug I had was npc followers falling through the world/disappearing. 50% of the time this could be fixed by running a certain distance away.

I thought there was going to be DLC or an expansion in the works?

Some of the weapon skills are broken. Especially at 7+ level.

There's no hint yet that a patch is being worked on. It's only confirmed Deep Silver filtered the items in the WoR bug tracker and forwarded them to PB. But this doesn't have to mean much.

Good to hear. I'll wait for the patch before trying an archer game. Playing mage, though, I never had a problem with bugs - not even one.

The big bug for me is that large fonts problem. To play the game, I had to set normal fonts up and pretty much leave them there until I finished. If I have to do that again on my next play through, there probably won't be a next play through.

They also need to dink around a bit with the requirements for the final circle of spells. People (including me) don't seem to get the wisdom for them until right near the end of the game. You'll be lucky to use the highest spell in the line at all beyond just firing it off to see how it looks.

I'm in no rush at all - I've got a pair of dragons (from Bioware and from Jordan) to keep me busy until the January influx of games. I'm glad to hear they are going to do a patch, even if 'soon' turns out to be March.

There were some issues with doors and popping up to the roof when entering a doorway. Not gamebreaking but annoying

Back
Top Bottom