Blizzard - Unannounced Diablo Project

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Blizzard are in the process of hiring a Game Director for an unannounced Diablo project according to wccftech. This was picked up originally by website Blizzpro.

Picked up by website Blizzpro, the new vacancy for a game director might very well suggest that Blizzard is in fact creating a complete new Diablo game. Of course there is also the possibility that Blizzard is looking for a new game director for an upcoming new Diablo 3 expansion - just like they did with Reaper of Souls expansion from 2014.

Only time will tell whether Blizzard is working on Diablo IV, instead of a new Diablo 3 expansion. Check out the job listing down below:

Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a game director with outstanding communications skills, proven experience in creative direction, strong ability in system design, and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games to lead the Diablo series into the future.

RESPONSIBILITIES

Be the vision holder for the franchise, setting the creative goals for the team.

Direct game design while successfully partnering with the production director to deliver and maintain an epic gaming experience.

Discuss games with the player community via press announcements, forum posts, interviews, and public appearances.

Maintain an awareness of global player behavior and customs to ensure that design decisions are relevant for international regions.

Coach and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals.

Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, and foster a culture of success.

REQUIREMENTS

Knowledgeable and passionate about Diablo games

A minimum of 5 years' directing video game development

Shipped multiple AAA products as a game director or creative director

Outstanding communications and relationship-building skills

Recognized ability to guide and inspire large development teams

Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines: programming, art, design, sound, and production

Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization

Great sense for what makes a game fun to play

Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative

Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience

PLUSES

Experience developing online games, action games, and / or role-playing games

International game experience

Higher educational degree

REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS

Resume

Cover Letter which should include:

Why you are interested in working at Blizzard

What games you are currently playing

**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
More information.

blizz is hopeless imo.
unless they do something really wild, and put the whole thing in a edgy guys hands. which nobody ever does

It would be surprising if Blizzard starts making a Diablo 4 so quickly after D3.

Blizzard used to make new games at a nice clip until WoW and then they slowed waaaay down despite that they became a cash cow king from the revenues that WoW generated.

These days I wish they'd just scrap MMOs entirely and come out with some great RTS and ARPG titles more frequently. They were good at that and their quality was top notch.

That Blizzard is dead and gone. The people that worked there before WoW are long gone now.

I think its D4 and I think it will come out in 5+ years time. It takes ages for them to make games so I am not surprised they are hiring now for D4.

I'd guess xpac for III. I doubt IV will be in the works for quite some time, not til III has been thoroughly milked for cash and even then Bliz is incapable of anything but glacial development speed.

I'd guess xpac for III. I doubt IV will be in the works for quite some time, not til III has been thoroughly milked for cash and even then Bliz is incapable of anything but glacial development speed.

I bet Diablo IV, if there even is such a thing, will be IN the works for quite some time, so if they will ever make one before everyone retire, they should probably get hiring already...

Well I expect more changes that nobody wants, and of course you have to use their online service Battle.net again. Man how I miss the old Blizzard from 1994-2002.
Diablo card game for your phone.
They probably will at some point as card games seem to be on the rise again.

All the old devs from Blizz North were the best. Bill Roper, The Schaefer Bro's. I'm suprised Chris M. hasn't left yet. Isn't he like one of the last early/original dev's?

How about an open world skyrimesque version of diablo?

Blizzard just had to buy the whole Path of Exile studio team when they launched and now we would have properly done D3.

Just replace Path of Exile with Grim dawn

No one wants a trading simulator. People already have jobs.

Considering that Blizzard now work to satisfy players who desire to make money off playing video games, a new Diablo would suggest they found another approach in order to provide the fitting product.
The auction house effort in D3 was a failure in this regard and they will have to take another direction.

Or they simply want to add money by milking off the Diablo franchise and churning a new expansion.

Back
Top Bottom