What games are you playing now?

Still playing Skyrim. I restarted again from my last post (did some mod clean up).

I'm thinking of maybe starting a thread with the adventure of my "paladin", who is currently chilling at the College of Winterhold to learn a bit more magic before starting to investigate dragons and visit tombs fulls of evils creatures.

I also re-installed Grim Dawn which I have yet to play for more than a few hours. I really have a hard time with these type of arpg. I guess I find killing lots of enemies kinda boring. The only one I ever made it far into was Titan Quest.

I am making headway in the Great Gaias, but I still feel like I'm just scratching the surface. One thing I'd advise people to do if you're considering playing this game, make sure you keep your entire crew well leveled and developed. I ran into one issue where that caused a minor setback for me.

And what was that 'issue' ?

I am making headway in the Great Gaias, but I still feel like I'm just scratching the surface. One thing I'd advise people to do if you're considering playing this game, make sure you keep your entire crew well leveled and developed. I ran into one issue where that caused a minor setback for me.

Some of my crew were severely under-leveled, because I eschew playing most mage types, and since you are forced to use a few of these characters for a chapter, it can be a real hardship. I got through it but I had to basically use an obscene amount of potions to survive. I learned the lesson though, and boosted those neglected characters the next chance I had.

I'm thinking of maybe starting a thread with the adventure of my "paladin", who is currently chilling at the College of Winterhold to learn a bit more magic before starting to investigate dragons and visit tombs fulls of evils creatures.

You should do it. :) I always enjoy reading those kind of things and we don't get many here. I remember someone doing a thread on their Icewind Dale playthrough few years back and it was good fun.

I also re-installed Grim Dawn which I have yet to play for more than a few hours. I really have a hard time with these type of arpg. I guess I find killing lots of enemies kinda boring. The only one I ever made it far into was Titan Quest.

It's the opposite for me. I found hack-and-slash isometric ARPG like Grim Dawn, Diablo and Torchlight quite relaxing. Completed the games from those genres without much problem.

dying light - best game with zombies; havent replayed this since it was released, and 5 years later still looks gorgeous.

dying light - best game with zombies; havent replayed this since it was released, and 5 years later still looks gorgeous.
I thought that was the last of us? :) Didn't know about dying light though. Is it more survival than anything else or a proper adventure/rpg with story? Looks interesting (for a moment I thought you meant metro last light).

Just started the last of us through ps now. Took some fiddling to get it to work, but now it runs fine. An advantage of the streaming quality is that it hides the PS3 graphics a bit. I'm just 5 minutes in so can't say too much about it. Strong opening though.

I thought that was the last of us? :) Didn't know about dying light though. Is it more survival than anything else or a proper adventure/rpg with story? Looks interesting (for a moment I thought you meant metro last light).

I'd describe Dying Light as an open-world action-adventure. It's from the same developer who made Dead Island, but it's miles ahead of that game.

The story is decent but not on the same level as something like TLoU. The atmosphere and exploration are its strong points. It also has strong parkour elements and is generally pretty fast-paced.

Thanks, I enjoyed dead island. If dying light is an improvement then that could be interesting (i.e., less grinding). Seems some people like dying light better, others dead island. I still remember the great opening of dead island with the song. It set the tone for the whole game for me, although it loses some of the magic towards the end.

Last edited:
I wasn't a big fan of Dead Island at least as a single-player game. It was obviously more geared towards multiplayer, especially with how quickly enemies and items respawn which I find immersion-breaking when playing alone.

Dying Light is a lot more immersive as a single-player experience, and I consider it a must-play if you're a fan of the genre. You should definitely check it out.

I'm playing RogueTech (still). They added real firing anti-missile systems! It's glorious!
Also, I started Gris recently.

The game is still not available in Germany… ;-(

If you got someone on your friend's list who lives outside of Germany he/she can gift it to you afaik. I use to do that for my brother.

The game is still not available in Germany… ;-(
Why? Is it because of the blood and other disturbing content?

Update: Found this on Google.
After the title was not previously approved by the USK, followed as usual a test by the BPjM, who have now decided to put the game temporarily on the list A of youth-endangering media. As a result, a judge must now decide whether 'Dying Light' is finally withdrawn from circulation in Germany or merely remains indexed.
Did a google search and found this "As this game is not prohibited to run in Germany, you can ask someone from a country where it is available to gift or trade it to you. You can then accept the gift and play it normally. This is an intentional loop hole in Steam and works with any Game that does not have the prohibitedToRunInCountries or onlyallowrunincountries flags on it's config, like seen here. This flag prevents you from playing the game while being connected with a German IP."
Anyway it's a good game that took a while to get into as I'm not a fan of parkour. Just be warned the Dying Light: The Following expansion endings almost ruin the game.

If Crane chooses to defy the Mother, the Mother attacks, forces him to drink the elixir and attempts to kill him, but Crane eventually prevails and kills her. Taking what's left of the elixir, Crane leaves the dam, suffering continuous blackouts, and finds himself in a populated area seemingly outside the quarantine, but discovers that his exposure to the elixir has already turned him into a sentient volatile. As night falls, the infected Crane lets out a feral scream as a nearby mother and her children watch in terror.

If Crane chooses to listen to the Mother, she leads him to a nuclear warhead that was originally meant to be a fail-safe to contain the outbreak. Crane inputs the code Atilla had given him, which activates the warhead, presumably destroying all of Harran and killing all of the survivors and infected, taking the virus with them.

@ilm; dying light is more focused on the gameplay than story and chars; unlike dead island, it adds parkour and the dlc adds a new huge country area that adds vehicles too. I loved dead island but this one is improved in any aspect. Beginning of the game is a little tough since you dont have many skills and only access blunt weapons, but after a few levels gained it gets easier and way more funnier with the combos you can make.

Sekiro.
Started only a few hours earlier, so no elaborated opinions yet -- but what I've seen and played so far, I like this game a LOT!

I'm pretty deep in the Great Gaias now, I've clocked over fifty hours into the game so far and no idea if I'm anywhere near the conclusion. Even without having completed the game yet I'd call this an absolute masterpiece, well worth the price even with no discount. Some of the team mates I'm more fond of than others, but then again that's true of just about every game of this ilk.

Still playing Skyrim and continue to do write down the adventures of my character. Although, it's so easy now that I'm getting bored.

With Bloodlines 2 news, I'm feeling like I should tackle my vampire backlog a bit more (technically Skyrim expac are backlog too) and that means playing VtM:Redemption which I have owned for years but never played (well outside a bit back when it released in 2000 for a friend).

Even thinking of doing a thread about Christof's life too. Christof is the playable character in Redemption for people who don't know.

Started my replay of risen series with the first one ofc; after some tweaks, looks beautiful. And forgot what brilliant atmosphere has it and how much joy and satisfaction there is after killing a mob at the beginning of the game.

Back
Top Bottom