Cyberpunk 2077 - AngryJoe's Early Impressions - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - AngryJoe's Early Impressions

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - AngryJoe's Early Impressions

December 12th, 2020, 21:37
AngryJoe checked out Cyberpunk 2077:

AngryJoe's Early Impressions - Cyberpunk 2077!

loading…


THE ANGRY REVIEW IS STILL COMING, THIS IS JUST a Montage of some Early Funny Bugs & Glitches & our Early Impressions!
More information.
HiddenX is offline

HiddenX

HiddenX's Avatar
The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#1

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NRW/Germany
Posts: 14,255
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

Default 

December 12th, 2020, 23:58
If you don't watch the whole video just watch from 6.10 to 6.35
Pladio is online now

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#2

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,338
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

December 13th, 2020, 00:41
I watched only that part.
As usual, the imbecille did not heal after the fall nor has the health regen perk obviously.
I still don't understand how he finishes (if he does) RPGs. As a player, he's totally clueless in singleplayer RPGs.

But the review, I'll definetly watch it for lulz.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#3

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,314
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

December 13th, 2020, 02:15
Yeah, I've found bugs and now a game-breaking one fairly early ("Talk to Viktor"). There's a work-around, but it's clear this isn't quite ready. It's a pretty neat game, but I recommend waiting for a few patches if you can.
ChaosTheory is offline

ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory's Avatar
Virtual Reality Hero

#4

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Juan Islands, WA
Posts: 1,467
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

December 13th, 2020, 09:22
I am enjoying the game on PC a lot after 15 hours, though I have been doing open-world stuff and not the main quests. I am reading everything and taking my time being immersed in Night City, so 15 hours is probably very little of the game so far. I have been experiencing minor glitches which don't affect my enjoyment at all, plus one crash to desktop, so not bad at all in my view.
NFLed is offline

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

#5

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

December 13th, 2020, 15:10
I like Joe. He and ACG are probably the only two reviewers I trust with my gaming dollars any more when I see games sites giving a broken mess like Cyberpunk 9's and 10's. It's not only a technical joke, the worst I've played at release in 40 years, but it's just not a good game. The story is 50% edge and 50% lord with none of the intelligence to actually make the world it creates or the stories it tells interesting and even Night City is a borefest. It's repetitive, it's poorly designed, it's not even that futuristic. I live in a major US city and aside from the implants and the childish ads everywhere that are more dumb than funny after the first 500 times I see them, I don't see anything that screams exotic sci-fi setting to me. It's more like a cyberpunk texture pack for GTA5 except it isn't as good as that game and that game wasn't that good when it released over 7 years ago.
Jeremy is offline

Jeremy

Traveler

#6

Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

December 13th, 2020, 18:23
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I like Joe. He and ACG are probably the only two reviewers I trust with my gaming dollars any more when I see games sites giving a broken mess like Cyberpunk 9's and 10's. It's not only a technical joke, the worst I've played at release in 40 years, but it's just not a good game. The story is 50% edge and 50% lord with none of the intelligence to actually make the world it creates or the stories it tells interesting and even Night City is a borefest. It's repetitive, it's poorly designed, it's not even that futuristic. I live in a major US city and aside from the implants and the childish ads everywhere that are more dumb than funny after the first 500 times I see them, I don't see anything that screams exotic sci-fi setting to me. It's more like a cyberpunk texture pack for GTA5 except it isn't as good as that game and that game wasn't that good when it released over 7 years ago.
While I disagree with most of what you said, I do agree that Night City doesn't seem all that alien if you've ever been to Shinjuku ward in Tokyo-- up to and including the cosplay. So if this game hooks you, take a trip there to 'live' Night City, you won't be disappointed.

But as far as gaming is concerned, Night City is a pretty amazing accomplishment. It's the first game I've ever played where the city actually feels alive. There must be thousands of NPCs most players will never see, as they staff their noodle kiosk or widget shop off some dark alley. The attention to detail here is stunning.
ChaosTheory is offline

ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory's Avatar
Virtual Reality Hero

#7

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Juan Islands, WA
Posts: 1,467
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

December 13th, 2020, 18:27
I thougt AngryJoe was only about making fun video around the idea of commenting video games, not about commenting seriously video games.
Dasale is offline

Dasale

SasqWatch

#8

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,033
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

December 13th, 2020, 19:16
I was perusing some of the user reviews on Metacritic and it seems like most of the 0s are because of poor performance and bugs.

I fully expected poor user reviews mainly because the game is not SJW enough, so this is a bit of good news.

Still, I always weigh user reviews greater than "professional" reviews… wait scratch that… I don't even read "professional" reviews anymore… gave that up more than a decade ago. It's completely unsurprising that the "professional" reviewers put the game at 90% and the PC user reviews down in the 60% range.

I'll probably always be an outsider to this game as the cyberpunk setting is about as disinteresting as it gets FOR ME (also read as, perhaps NOT for you…), but I'm hoping CD Projekt Red pulls through because we could really use a few good gaming companies and it will be sad if we have to watch yet another developer get so greedy they can't make good games anymore.
--
If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?
TheMadGamer is offline

TheMadGamer

TheMadGamer's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#9

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,887
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

December 13th, 2020, 20:25
I've had a ton of crashes myself. Had one that stopped my game everytime on the way to one of the early story missions, until I figured out I could drive way around this weird geographical bug.

It has really sapped by drive to play this game, as I'm not really sure I need another GTA V. I hope it has enough lifestyle activities later, rather than storied missions, so I can simply exist in the world, like I do in Red Dead Redemption 2 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
Capt. Huggy Face is offline

Capt. Huggy Face

Capt. Huggy Face's Avatar
Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#10

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,416
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Default 

December 13th, 2020, 23:35
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I live in a major US city and aside from the implants and the childish ads everywhere that are more dumb than funny after the first 500 times I see them, I don't see anything that screams exotic sci-fi setting to me. It's more like a cyberpunk texture pack for GTA5 except it isn't as good as that game and that game wasn't that good when it released over 7 years ago.
I am concerned about the dumb and repetitive ads. But I'm a GTA5 fan so if it's the cyberpunk version (Night City that is) then count me in, and others seem to feel it's detailed living and breathing city.

I'm going to see how far I get with my Witcher series replaythrough and then by that time hopefully user mods will make the city have less of the silly nonsense and also some patches released to clean up the glitches. And then I'll buy the game. It's not a matter of If, just When.
mbuddha is offline

mbuddha

mbuddha's Avatar
Sentinel

#11

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: This particular universe
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

December 14th, 2020, 00:04
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
But as far as gaming is concerned, Night City is a pretty amazing accomplishment. It's the first game I've ever played where the city actually feels alive. There must be thousands of NPCs most players will never see, as they staff their noodle kiosk or widget shop off some dark alley. The attention to detail here is stunning.
It's not the first in-game city to feel alive to me, but I agree it's pretty damn impressive. I find myself stopping sometimes just to look around and marvel at the visuals and the design of it all.

Now if only I could find a parking spot.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#12

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 30,738
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

Default 

December 14th, 2020, 00:43
I have to agree the game is stunning - love how it looks. I love the atmosphere of the whole place. I so love the adds and displays and all the details that help bring the city to life. They really did a great job with making the city feel alive and unique.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
wolfgrimdark is offline

wolfgrimdark

wolfgrimdark's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#13

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,085
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

Default 

December 14th, 2020, 02:33
I'm about 25 hours in only did two main missions and a ton of side gigs. Only had a few bugs, glitches, and one GPU crash due to it overheating. Overall a good experience.

So no I don't trust paid are user reviews that much anymore especially the 0-5's.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#14

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 26,990
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

December 14th, 2020, 02:40
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
I have to agree the game is stunning - love how it looks. I love the atmosphere of the whole place. I so love the adds and displays and all the details that help bring the city to life. They really did a great job with making the city feel alive and unique.
I agree the city is impressive.

Re-post of my comment from another thread..


Eh I'm enjoying my time with it but every new game is a bugfest nowadays. My opinion is people expected to much and with modern hardware you can only do so much.

We can't have living breathing city immersion sims yet. Average player's couldn't afford the needed hardware. Probably need whole server rooms just to render.

I seriously hope I live to see a holographic room like Star Trek. I'll die happily. Anyway Cyberpunk 2077 is my GOTY of 2020 along with Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Maybe CDPR should partner with Ubisoft and their Anvil Next engine. It can render living breathing game-worlds. I'm salivating at the thought right now. Please CDPR.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#15

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 26,990
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)

Default 

December 14th, 2020, 04:21
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I seriously hope I live to see a holographic room like Star Trek. I'll die happily.
Then try VR before dieing , thats worth it now if your rig can follow.
Mortmal is offline

Mortmal

Watcher

#16

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

December 14th, 2020, 08:05
The game could have used a few more months of bug-fixing, but so far I only had minor glitches like two NPCs standing in the same spot and so far only one T-pose. Not one hard CTD for me as of yet.

I am 20 h in and have a load of fun!
Darkheart is offline

Darkheart

Darkheart's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#17

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: BW, Germany
Posts: 1,897
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

December 14th, 2020, 17:22
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
The game could have used a few more months of bug-fixing, but so far I only had minor glitches like two NPCs standing in the same spot and so far only one T-pose. Not one hard CTD for me as of yet.

I am 20 h in and have a load of fun!
I saw a few T poses including your own shadow. Yes, your character can be stuck in T pose, but if you aren't outside watching your shadow, you won't notice it ever. Happened once though.

No crashes on my side.

Apart from preety much ignorable glitches, the only bug I really hated was looting a body on a chair. You need to find a soft spot on the body (a foot) and loot it on that one pixel otherwise the sidequest can't be solved. It's in badlands.
Generally you can't loot stuff sometimes, but I just skippit as it doesn't get quests stuck. This time however… Cold sweat.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#18

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,314
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

December 14th, 2020, 20:22
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
I was perusing some of the user reviews on Metacritic and it seems like most of the 0s are because of poor performance and bugs.

I fully expected poor user reviews mainly because the game is not SJW enough, so this is a bit of good news.

Still, I always weigh user reviews greater than "professional" reviews… wait scratch that… I don't even read "professional" reviews anymore… gave that up more than a decade ago. It's completely unsurprising that the "professional" reviewers put the game at 90% and the PC user reviews down in the 60% range.

I'll probably always be an outsider to this game as the cyberpunk setting is about as disinteresting as it gets FOR ME (also read as, perhaps NOT for you…), but I'm hoping CD Projekt Red pulls through because we could really use a few good gaming companies and it will be sad if we have to watch yet another developer get so greedy they can't make good games anymore.

Maybe it is just me, but I would love to see a futuristic world that is not post apocalyptic (and the Fallout-like subset) or Cyberpunk. I am not a huge fan of either.
johnnysd is offline

johnnysd

Watchdog

#19

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

December 14th, 2020, 20:42
Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
Maybe it is just me, but I would love to see a futuristic world that is not post apocalyptic (and the Fallout-like subset) or Cyberpunk. I am not a huge fan of either.
So Deus Ex or Mass Effect?
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#20

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,068
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - AngryJoe's Early Impressions
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:35.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch