And the new Diablo game is...

https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-immortal-stock-crash
Activision-Blizzard’s stock crashes 7% after Diablo: Immortal reveal

Analysts are taking a more bullish view, however: Jefferies’ Timothy O’Shea argues mobile games like Immortal “attract larger, harder core mobile audiences in Asia and the Diablo franchise is popular in the US, China, Europe, and Korea.”

Hopefully soon, people will stop using the word "games" for microtransactions scam and not mix addiction with popularity.

eurogamer…lol
paid shills.

me, no, i don't like own a phone, I wish someone else was paying and owning that junk.

I never understood the concept of a "mobile game". When I want toi use my cell phone, I'm talking, or writing SMS, but gaming in that thing ???

But, one point is sure : If they are going mobile, then their current PC or otherwise market is saturated or over-saturated.

Alright one Apple Phone Shill now put on my ignore list.:cool:

Anyhow more Yong Yea videos on this topic as it never ends.

They only lost 3.7 billion that's a drop in the well for them.

A few months of WoW income should replace that.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :disappointed: :'( :bigcry:
Cmon, he's harmless.
Nope Apple fanboys will give you cooties Joxer.

Have to set up a quarantine as fast as you can ASAP.

Also the Church of Apple just scares me.

I would compare it to Scientology.:lol:

As long as it's not lice I'm fine with it. Not just any. Pubic lice. :D
Nose hair lice on the way! Just in time for flu season!

I never understood the concept of a "mobile game". When I want toi use my cell phone, I'm talking, or writing SMS, but gaming in that thing ???
Depends on the life style. If the only free time you have is commuting to work and back on a bus or waiting through your kids' sports practices, you play on your phone or you don't play at all.

I enjoyed Diablo 1 but absolutely loved Diablo 2 and still look back on it as my favorite all-time game. Diablo 2 was so good that Diablo 3 was an instant-buy the second it was announced. I was really looking forward to it and it turned out...just ok. I actually had more fun with the Diablo clones (torchlights, titan quest, grim dawn). Phone games don’t interest me and even a proper pc Diablo 4 is not an instant buy anymore. They will have to earn my purchase with a solid, well-reviewed game which demonstrates a great deal of craftsmanship and planning. This recent announcement debacle isn’t filling me with hope.

I'm right there with Alrik, I shake my head at the mere thought of trying to play a game on such a tiny device.
That's why you "should" or are expected to:
Worldwide device shipments (in millions of units) 2018:
Traditional PCs (Desk-Based and Notebook): 196
Mobile Phones: 1.870
(It's just the first unchecked source a quick Google search returned. But I think my point is clear.)

It would just be negligent for the big players not to expand to mobile. There are SO many guys out there without a pc or console. From a business point of view you can't ignore a fresh market like this. (Yes, I know, you can't charge full price on mobile.)

The mistake Blizzard made was in communication. As pointed out before they shouldn't have done this in front of a pc crowd awaiting the next big Diablo thing.
It would have been best to announce it as an addition to an actual Diablo 4.

Of course, they'll make some serious profit with it. Huge market, negligible development costs (the benefits of a simple reskin), a well established brand name. No question it will be profitable. (edit: At least in the short term. In the long term, they will lose their edge, because they stopped being different from all the rest of the run-of-the-mill developers. And at that point, they'll be too large to be competitive.)

But that's not the point.

Aside from the communication thing, none of their fans criticized their decisions from a business perspective. They are fans, not investors.

Last edited:
I noticed the Waylander kickstarter ad. Hes probably making a good 50-60k in advertising this year on that ad :)

Also explains why he just bought a new Tesla.
Wow you can get that? All I bargained out of this is a couple of keys to give away to the RPGWatch community, once they launch.
I really suck at making deals...

I'm disappointed that there was no PC announcement for a D4. That said, Blizzard owes me nothing, I can't stand phonegames, and they can make as many phonegames as they want it's fine with me. And I do recognize it makes no difference whatsoever if I care or I don't.

Back
Top Bottom