Two Worlds - Screens @ Worthplaying

My first fear for two worlds has reared his ugly head.
See the compass in the upper right corner of most of the pics? So a big free world to roam about but no need to because the compass seems to tell you were to go. I so hope that won't be the case :-/

If you notice, it is not in the other screens. I think it is an option. At least i hope so.

I did notice, and I hope you are right and that it will be optional.
Or it wasn't implemented in the other pictures yes or so. I hope we will find out soon if it will be like I fear or if it is optional

I just can't decide if I like the graphics or not. Some of the screens look really hot, and others look like it is just barely a notch above 5 year old Morrowind. Compared to The Witcher however, all graphics look primitive IMHO.

I just can't decide if I like the graphics or not. Some of the screens look really hot, and others look like it is just barely a notch above 5 year old Morrowind. Compared to The Witcher however, all graphics look primitive IMHO.

Well, the graphics of Morrowind are still very impressive (except NPCs) but yes you partially are right.

For example the trailer for Two Worlds is not very impressive: Worthplaying.
But this video is in my opinion very beautiful: Cynamite.de.

Last edited:
There is definitely a large quality gap between the impressive official screenshots and these pics. Some of the textures look downright hideous. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

My first fear for two worlds has reared his ugly head.
See the compass in the upper right corner of most of the pics? So a big free world to roam about but no need to because the compass seems to tell you were to go. I so hope that won't be the case :-/

I find the picture on the bottom of the left-hand column particularly disturbing. There's a crazy amount of icons showing up there.The green stars, and the compass itself for that matter, remind me of the quest markers in Guild Wars.

To be honest I am more impressed with the graphics in Two Worlds than the Witcher. The Witcher uses the same "2,5D" that Neverwinter Nights 1-2 uses (same engine too, the Aurora engine), meaning there is no Z axis. It just seems like there is one, as it is faked, but in reality it's a flat X-Y world with no up or down.

I might be misstaken, they may have aquired or updated the engine to allow full 3D, but I doubt it.

I'm still quite willing to give it a chance - these things like exclamation points over everyones heads and waypoints and lock icons the size of your torso are becoming more and more commonplace. It is what they do *between* that stuff that is what I'm interested in.

To be honest I am more impressed with the graphics in Two Worlds than the Witcher. The Witcher uses the same "2,5D" that Neverwinter Nights 1-2 uses (same engine too, the Aurora engine), meaning there is no Z axis. It just seems like there is one, as it is faked, but in reality it's a flat X-Y world with no up or down.

I might be misstaken, they may have aquired or updated the engine to allow full 3D, but I doubt it.

Yeah, jumping around is a must have feature for role-playing games.

Jumping? Certainly not, but I prefer flying things that.. well.. fly, instead of hover a constant 20 centimeters above ground. Also, I get tired of my character being glued to the ground, without the possibility to get over tiny objects. Having to run around even the smallest dent in the pavement is one of the more frustrating elements in the NWN and SW: KotOR games.

Invisible walls and obstacles is a thing of the past in my opinion. It is frustrating to be stopped by such things in games that really bring out the urge to explore due to a beautiful game world, such as in Jade Empire.

Last edited:
Yeah, jumping around is a must have feature for role-playing games.

I can't see the purpose of your irony in that post. A 3D game world is somewhat handicapped when the character can't jump.
But having a debate about it is rather trivial so I'll just stop here. :)

@ Maylander: I agree that full 3-D is quite nearly a must have. I was always under the impression that The Witcher was going to be just that. The latest Witcher trailer does indeed show the game in beautiful, fully functional 3-D, so I continue to hold to my first arguement, and quite whole-heartedly echo Dhruin's last post.

Back
Top Bottom