Middle earth : Shadow of War Announced.

S

sakichop

I know not many here liked the first game I found it quite fun , but repetitive. Looking forward to the sequel Shadows of War. It promises an improved Nemesis system. I was impressed by the first iteration of the Nemesis system even though it was limited I thought there was quite a bit of potential so I will be intrigued to see how they improve it.

Here the system requirements. They recommend Joxers favorite processor an I7.:biggrin:

Minimum:

Processor: Intel i5-2550K, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670 | Radeon HD 7950
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 60 GB available space
Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 970 or GeForce GTX 1060 | Radeon R9 290X or Radeon RX 480
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 60 GB available space

Here's a link to the full newsbit.

http://www.pcgamer.com/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-system-requirements-revealed/

Thanks to Peter Jackson, it's really hard for me to get excited about anything related to Middle Earth anymore.

I can't believe I'm already now starting to see a few games recommend 16GB Ram, that was quick! I will have to upgrade and get that eventually (I have 8 GB)

Game had potential, but squandered it. Very Fluid, Great animation, gore, visuals and sounds of combat, plus Nemesis...but was simply too uninvolving in the long run.
Why reuse this setting though? Would be better if it played like an epizode from Silmarillion.

I can't believe I'm already now starting to see a few games recommend 16GB Ram, that was quick! I will have to upgrade and get that eventually (I have 8 GB)

Ehhhh...wouldn't rush for it. First one was very poorly optimized when it comes to this ( wasn't much of a looker either), seems they want to push it as far as it gets.

Game had potential, but squandered it. Very Fluid, Great animation, gore, visuals and sounds of combat, plus Nemesis…but was simply too uninvolving in the long run.
Why reuse this setting though? Would be better if it played like an epizode from Silmarillion.
That's because these type of games use the GTA & Assassin Creed formulas. They offer the player an open world that mostly focuses on filler side quests, and tower liberating.

If it wasn't for the nemesis system that was broken this game wouldn't be fun at all.
It'll probaly get another optional Ultra HD 4K texture pack once again,.

Game had potential, but squandered it. Very Fluid, Great animation, gore, visuals and sounds of combat, plus Nemesis…but was simply too uninvolving in the long run.

Yeah, I wish they wouldn't have use the lotr setting at all. It seems pretty limiting as far as monster types, weapons, magic, etc and all it does is anger the lore purists.

I really enjoy the batman style combat. Hopefully they'll expand on the use of the environment for combat and improve the nemesis system maybe add more factions within it.

@coachpotato, the nemesis system definitely had some issues but I don't know I'd say it was broken. I had one nemesis that I never did kill. He would call for help and then run if I got close. He had such a huge group with him it was hard to get at him and then he'd call more making it almost impossible. He killed me several times and he really felt like my nemesis. Unfortunately that was the only instance like that the rest seemed almost gimmicky and some would even return after being beheaded.

Normally I don't care about these twitchy combat games, but took advantage of a price error and got the GOTY edition of the first one for like $4 a few months ago. I started playing it last week and ... didn't care for it, I just suck I suppose, and couldn't find a save game option so I guess it's always saving or something. Also the constant respawn is not for me (yes I know, infinite orcs in Mordor, still).

It's always saving all right - and it has to be "ironmanish" by preventing you from reloading or the whole Nemesis system doesn't work. (It makes orcs gain rank by defeating you - which isn't going to work if you keep re-loading and trying the fight again until you win.) I do hope it keeps backup saves somewhere along the way, though, in case of game bugs, hardware failures, and whatnot.

I thought the first one was OK. Not awesome but definitely fun enough to be worth playing. I enjoyed the lore bits, too, describing how the Rings of Power were originally made. (Once I figured out where I was, I started the mountain "Mt. Wolfenstein.") The main problem was a problem I see in a lot of games: it just kept getting easier as you play instead of giving you more challenges. Being able to turn orcs to your side was certainly fun but it broke the balance too much.

I expect I'll buy this one but I also expect it will be well after the game is released.

It's always saving all right - and it has to be "ironmanish" by preventing you from reloading or the whole Nemesis system doesn't work. (It makes orcs gain rank by defeating you - which isn't going to work if you keep re-loading and trying the fight again until you win.) I do hope it keeps backup saves somewhere along the way, though, in case of game bugs, hardware failures, and whatnot.

That's the problem, after only a couple of hours all the orc captains I saw were like level 300 captains.

I'm too much of a Tolkien fanboi to be able to stand this blatant rape of Middle-earth lore.

Yuck.

I loved the first game and it ran very well on linux. Its not a game I would replay but it was a lot of fun. I hope the second game is radically different (introduces new ideas).

I'm wondering how much time will pass before someone re-imagines the Tolkien mythos. Boy I'm glad to have read the books before the films came.

Dang it - scooped by Couch again. ;)

Still pretty hard to tell what's going on but I'm liking what I see so far (other than steering the dragon). You do seem like a god among insects in that video but I hope that's just for demonstration purposes.

Looks fun, a bit too much of the same but fun. It would be nice if they'd put in a high difficulty option.

I didn't see any changes to the nemesis system other than it applying to my own army. Hope there's more to it than that.

Having it apply to orcs other than the ones that kill you then making the game get easier and easier so you never die is a big help to the Nemesis system.

Back
Top Bottom