Prey

mute

Sentinel
Just tried out Prey. I was very suprised about this game. Surely thought this was one ordinary FPS with some multiplayer element which i didn't want to play.

But it wasn't. Arkane studios looking into System shock (with some obvious references to it in game) and also looking into Arx Fatalis as one of its inspirations. And they re-made Prey to a RPG FPS

I am so happy. Still early hours into the game. But its good. Bought the PC version, after trying the more dissapointed XBOX one version. PC version is definitly the one to get.

Prey is no ordinary FPS, you clearly never played it. But yeah it's no RPG either as some could consider for a game as System Shock 2.

Not happy about the whole 'prey' lawsuit but I've been hyped about this game for a few months now. I can't wait until I can catch up on my games far enough to play it!

Errr... or is that actually waiting?

No thats correct, i never played prey (the first one). Thought the first one also was a FPS. I have only played this one. I was surprised. Perhaps i also missed out on the first one.... Oh well my loss.

However, this latest version is really up my alley. Love it so far! :)

Yes first Prey is a fps, but it is no ordinary fps, you wrote "this was one ordinary FPS", nope.

No thats correct, i never played prey (the first one). Thought the first one also was a FPS. I have only played this one. I was surprised. Perhaps i also missed out on the first one…. Oh well my loss.

The original Prey is more of a straight FPS than the new one, but it's still worth playing. I replayed it right before starting the new Prey, and I was surprised at how much fun I still found it to be. It has exceptional level design for a FPS.

You can get it cheap here if you're interested in trying it.
https://www.g2play.net/category/14608/prey-2006-steam-cd-key/

Original Prey is obviously a much better shooter than new Prey, no need play the new to be totally sure of that. I don't understand how the dev could screw up that aspect that much.

I just started Prey last night. GREAT opening credits!

I'm not quite finished but I think it is very very good. It reminds me of system shock (2). The only real complaint is the difficulty (too easy to die). Also the mini-game is a pia on level 2 (it is said to actually be easier on 3 and 4 but 2 could use tweaking). Will say more when I finished (sometime this week).

I'm not quite finished but I think it is very very good. It reminds me of system shock (2). The only real complaint is the difficulty (too easy to die). Also the mini-game is a pia on level 2 (it is said to actually be easier on 3 and 4 but 2 could use tweaking). Will say more when I finished (sometime this week).
Somebody made a mod to skip the mini game, which is recommended if you play with mouse and keyboard.

I saw it and while I think the mini game is flawed (needs more dampening); i've gotten pretty good at it so it isn't that bad. The only real pain point right now is milita drones; driving me crazy and they never stop arriving.

Somebody made a mod to skip the mini game, which is recommended if you play with mouse and keyboard.

That's some selective memory there.
I still have nightmares from Prey minigames garbage, the only worse minigame I've ever seen was ME2 sonar.
Criminally overrated game. No, not ME2. Prey. Deliberate construction because JDR. ;)

The game has respawning enemies. When I went into the
beam lab
and found the area suddenly re-populated with phantoms when I came out again, I knew Joxer wouldn't be happy.

That opening was great, though. "Is he hiding behind the chair!?" I even got treed by the first mimic to show up.

It would get boring pretty quickly if enemies didn't respawn to some degree. I think it's done in a good way though. It makes it feel as if they're moving throughout the station.

Yeah they don’t constantly respawn in some areas. Just once or twice. Which is a good thing since you do have to backtrack alot. This is no linear corridor shooter. The constant respawns in the atrium is a bit annoying since that was my home base. After the third round I just avoided them by sneaking and running to the exits.

I never did figure out how to hack a door, but there was usually a second option to bypass the problem if you looked hard enough!!

Back
Top Bottom