BioWare - New IP not before April 2018

the RPG elements in their games feel more and more like afterthoughts.
Liar or don't comment what you don't know, it's so stupid to say that about DAI and MEA that I won't bother argue with you about a subject that either you don't know at all, either you are total incompetent.

Obviously a Bioware that is not one, but actually 3 studios with thousands of employees is really far removed from the small Bioware that made great games. I've found their games since the EA takeover to be entertaining but shallow.
Still when it comes to AAA "rpgs" there isn't a whole lot of quality competition, and I still enjoy playing a big budget spectacle once in awhile.

My point exactly and that's why I regret the years of hate campaign focusing on killing this dev.

I admit that past Baldur's Gate 2 this dev has hardly make any RPG I would put in my 20 favorite RPG, but also big spectacle is really a plus and at end they was providing some along years, and it's not remove them that will open the place to another.

The worse is they are still the only dev not doing JRPG and able to make RPG with companions, and it's no PoE, Wasteland 2 or Divinity Original Sin, any Bethesda RPG, any the Witcher that will prove the reverse. But the world is mad and we will lost that.

Take HZD as an example where the so called "SJW agenda" was executed brilliantly. It has female lead who comes from a matriarchal society. It has lot of stuff about female empowerment etc. Yet, you don't get any so called "gamer gate" people going after that game.
Looks more like console players and JRPG fans are more tolerant. It's a lot of fuss for nothing, alas for computer games.

Liar or don't comment what you don't know, it's so stupid to say that about DAI and MEA that I won't bother argue with you about a subject that either you don't know at all, either you are total incompetent.

Wow, good conversation Dasale. Nice rational explanation of your side.

Wow, good conversation Dasale. Nice rational explanation of your side.
Don't throw out non sense and my post won't look that weird. You was very far to any subjectivity, just total non sense.

Don't throw out non sense and my post won't look that weird. You was very far to any subjectivity, just total non sense.

He wasnt throwing out nonsense. I agree with him actually. RPG elements have been added to these games but its not their focus.

He wasnt throwing out nonsense. I agree with him actually. RPG elements have been added to these games but its not their focus.

Lol sure rewrite his post, no sorry don't change the writing and argue on post I answered, pure non sense, more probably not a liar but just as so often some player arguing about a game he never played.

By choosing to engage his non-hostile comment with such venom and bitterness, you come off looking like a frenzied fanboy nutjob. If you disagreed that much, just skip those comments rather than resorting to silly personal sewage effluent.

Can I..can I use that in my signature? :)

As for this, very likely something similar and expanded on ME multiplayer, I can't picture this as FPS.

Ok my post (you are free to include in any signature without any copyright quote) is a miss or even stupid if you want, but it's very aggressive to write something obviously totally wrong as did the post I answered. So no his post wasn't a cool post from a cool guy.

There are opinions, and they are players that feel authorized to throw some random affirmation about a game they never played, but for which they believe they have a mass of haters at their side, this justifying the random blinded aggression.

Well said Sir.

I actually found Khaights post pretty spot on, I don't quite understand what got you so riled up Dasale. To me all of the ME games are more action games than RPG. I enjoy them anyway, but it's been many long years since Bioware made any games that really scratched my RPG itch. I guess I can agree DA are "purer" RPG's though. But I disliked the first one so I've never even tried the second or third installment.

I actual like ME:A, guess i missed the bandwagon...

"their games are too ham-fistedly political". Wow, people are so damn sensitive.

Bioware games are apolitical as hell. They barely even touch any political issues. Shouting "SJW agenda" or anything like that because a game dares to have LGBT characters is so stupid. LGBT are people too, they actually exist. What's so political in actually acknowleging their existence?
I have nothing against LGBT characters, or characters that are forced (or strongly encouraged, as the case may be) into light-side/dark-side roles for that matter, so long as it's done WELL. Bioware hasn't shown me that they're capable of that, recently. Hell, even going back to the BG series there was a clear, almost cartoonishly executed "be a good hero, now!", with any "bad" options being more psychopathic than anything else. That was ok when all there was to a character was a series of five or six random banters -- one-dimensional characters are a lot easier to define in four phrases or less, after all -- but while the graphics have improved by leaps and bounds and the games have taken on an almost movie-like feel to them with their cinematic direction, the characters still boil down to almost caricature-like levels sometimes.

Philippa Eilhart clearly swung both ways in the Witcher universe, but it was handled well; consequently, I think she's one of the better characters I've encountered in games. I loathed her manipulative nature, power-hungry/holier-than-thou attitude, and her sexuality didn't make a difference. It was there, it was fine, and it didn't matter. Bioware games have literally surprised me with romance, though; that's a sign of poorly done relationships, regardless of preference, and there was a point in ME3 when I realized that I was literally weighing my options to see which would steer me clearly of any sort of romance.

And then there's part of me that feels that simply being in a sexual relationship AT ALL is a socio-political issue: what's wrong with being single or even going it alone? And yet, Bioware simply assumes that relationships/romances are the way it needs to be, it seems. In that, at least, I'll admit there's been some headway; Garrus was a good friend to Shepard, at least... my male one, anyway. Don't know if he tried to get ludicrously fresh with the female iteration of Shepard or not, but he was an awesome comrade-in-arms. Not once can I recall thinking "will choosing THIS option make him fall in love with Shepard?" That was great... but also not so great in that I recall it being the exception, rather than the rule.

All that aside, however, you're quite right: People ARE so damn sensitive. Nowhere did I mention LGBT issues, and yet you went ahead and read it right into the statement. Well done.

To paraphrase Ray Kroc, I'd like to give this drowning man a hose.

EA builds Bioware games in the image they think Bioware is or became. No one there has taken a queue from the rash of IE clones that hit kickstarter.

Gosh, you go away for a bit and suddenly you're getting flamed. Reminds me of Usenet, back in the day.

I actually played and enjoyed DAI, and don't think it suffered as much from the general shift towards action gaming that I see in Mass Effect. That's one reason I qualified my original statement by adding "with the possible exception of the next Dragon Age game". I have not played MEA, and therefore don't have a strong opinion on it one way or the other. My assessment of Bioware's trend towards action gaming is based primarily on the trend I saw from ME1->ME3, a bit in the migration from turn-based (or was it RTWP? It's been a while) to cooldown-based action combat in DAI, and in the apparent focus of their canceled Shadow Realms project.

Nothing I've heard about this new IP sounds like it's bucking that trend.

I completely agree with the first page comments saying bioware is not worth even taking notice of any longer and are irrelevant.

Hell, I wouldn't miss a thing if I never saw another bioware related news posting on this site. Unless it was an announcement of bioware being dissolved (finally), which would put a grin on my face. The only reason EA keeps the bioware name alive is to milk the name for sales purposes, which relies on the good graces of their former glory when they were an independent studio and made great games.

Mass Effect series is quite obviously a series of RPG, and affirm the contrary is just roleplaying a clown.

If they aren't RPG for you then Dragonfall isn't more a RPG, totally ridiculous. Such opinion about strict RPG view is total pointless and from people with very closed mind.

Seriously many people should think a bit more than they do.

Mass Effect series is quite obviously a series of RPG, and affirm the contrary is just roleplaying a clown.
Not really...in my mind, it's more of a shooter + choose-your-own-adventure, with some light RPG elements. Because of the aforementioned light elements, I don't mind people calling it an RPG, but don't really think of it as one myself. So, I guess I am roleplaying a clown.

Your choice and nothing wrong to roleplay a clown, that's clearly an honorable job.

For the choose your own adventure, it's so big, that it's just showing you roleplay very well.

EDIT: Frankly how argue with such stuff, I can't believe it.

Back
Top Bottom