EA has just put the Mass Effect franchise on ice now.

Please explain then. That studio had a major part of the personnel cut from it, I dont see how it can be interpreted any other way.

Wisdom post is non sense, it's forgetting, they'll probably first attempt not do RPG and continue use Bioware tag, and if the flow of hate continue, they'll just throw to trash Bioware tag.

It's no surprise, I knew it already since ME3 non sense reactions, and DAI reactions. Nobody can enjoy a job resulting in massive flow of hate against your work. The absurd amount of hate could only lead to dev shutdown.

And for making RPG, publisher can live without, that's clear.

Well done to those throwing blindly hate, you know who you are.

What I mean is there has been no "Bioware" in a long time. Multiple EA factions/studios worked on MEA. Its all EA. Everything from top down has been EA. People get these crazy white knight ideals that Bioware stood against the suits and had a certain vision they wanted to achieve. It didnt happen. EA got the game they planned, the game they wanted, the game they made.
EA "killed" Bioware in 2007. Definely by 2012 Bioware was a brand name on a pure EA product.

What I mean is there has been no "Bioware" in a long time. Multiple EA factions/studios worked on MEA. Its all EA. Everything from top down has been EA. People get these crazy white knight ideals that Bioware stood against the suits and had a certain vision they wanted to achieve. It didnt happen. EA got the game they planned, the game they wanted, the game they made.
EA "killed" Bioware in 2007. Definely by 2012 Bioware was a brand name on a pure EA product.

I think there is a transition where a company starts of being 100% their own company and then become EA's lackie over time. Bioware is by no means what it was in the past. It is easily seen by the severe lack of quality control in the new ME game.

Basically it comes down to EA killing the studio that made the game.

They killed Bioware
They killed Dice
They killed Westwood
They killed Bullfrog

Never forget EA is the worst.

Basically it comes down to EA killing the studio that made the game. So hopes of another ME:A coming soon is unlikely.

This is a very narrow minded statement. EA buys what is popular makes it more geared towards the masses, then throws it away. once it is no longer needed.

Blame the masses before EA, they, EA are in the business of making money. Better yet blame money…wonder what a world we would have if we didn't have or need it.

They killed Bioware
They killed Dice
They killed Westwood
They killed Bullfrog

Never forget EA is the worst.

Origin Systems I do believe was their first …..if we are all saying it is them that kills studios.

First, and worst. Origin is probably the best company they killed.

Also forgot Maxis, Mythic, Pandemic, Phenomic, and probably about 25 more.

This is a very narrow minded statement. EA buys what is popular makes it more geared towards the masses, then throws it away. once it is no longer needed.

Blame the masses before EA, they, EA are in the business of making money. Better yet blame money…wonder what a world we would have if we didn't have or need it.

I find it would be harder to pay for my Steam games with goats.

It's not Origin the dev of Ultima Underworld and System Shock. Origin it's mainly two series, but only one is RPG, no way Wing Commander is RPG. Origin and RPG is only Ultima series and nothing else noteworthy.

Other than that, they collected either non RPG either non marking RPG. Beside their Ultima series, no way they can compete with Bioware RPG list.

At reverse Bioware made plenty RPG series, used plenty different blueprint, used multiple major technologies, I mean true iso and 3D. The whining on lack of exploration is just a restricted point of view, I still have to see the hate campaign against Dragonfall and I could easily quote many major RPG including DAO. The judgment on ME3 and full ME first trilogy just based on arguments of an initial ending, is the most ridiculous crowd behavior I ever seen in my life, I do hope humanity won't stick be that stupid forever.

For sure it's from someone that can enjoy a high diversity of RPG blueprint and who isn't glued to any precise blueprint. But I can't believe world will be blind forever. I have no doubt Bioware will continue be the only major reference of companions in RPG beside JRPG stuff. Obviously they'll continue to be a landmark for party AAA RPG, it's no Bethesda or CD Project that will be able change that.

For EA killing dev, it's totally stupid, I would agree for Origin that eventually couldn't realize they would be merged into EA, but obviously all other knew they would be integrated not just preserved and financed as an independent dev.

They all choose be bought and are the first responsible starting from Bioware, and if they wasn't in position to refuse, it's just because the dev was already declining, and a pointless value.

The case of Bioware is totally unique in EA context, but also the flow of organized hate is totally unique. In that case players are first responsible of Bioware shut down. And those who enjoyed their RPG despite all the hate around are the first responsible to have let this happen. Stay quiet is endorsing the responsibility. I definitely took my part in it, I was tired of non sense arguing with people just being stupid hateboys with closed minds.

For the point of view that it's not Bioware anymore after EA bought, it's obviously wrong, or at least not that simple:
- KOTOR is already a console game, no need EA for Bioware switching to consoles.
- KOTOR and full NWN series was already designed with small areas and had lost any real quality of exploration, no need of EA for that.
- It's pure nostalgia to consider NWN1&2 are superior to ME series, DAO, or even DAI and MEA.
- Nobody ever been able to do any Baldur's Gate 2 and from far, Bioware was already unable even before EA.

So yes, Bioware evolved and get influenced by EA, but Bioware had already hugely evolved even before EA.

That is a gross misrepresentation of what actually happened at Bioware. The heads of Bioware originally were the doctors Zeschuk and Musyka. They were the heart and soul of the company. When they left in 2012 after releasing Mass Effect 3, they took the heart and soul of the company with them. Bioware were left with "yes men" at the front of the company, barely putting up a fight for every demand EA made. EA had a free run of the company at that point.

When the doctors left:
*Quality control was lost
*Micro transactions became a focus
*Hiring of politically motivated people became the norm for the sake of diversity.

The consequences of which are readily seen in Mass Effect: Andromeda. I myself refuse to buy the game now because of the political themes in the game, I could have overlooked everything else. I dont think I am alone in doing so for one of these reasons.

So the problem is that EA wants control of a company after they buy them, at the point at which they get control, they force the company to do their will and when their product fails, they get rid of them. This cycle has been seen in many companies EA buys.

So what are doing Zeschuk and Musyka? Nothing relevant to RPG, and that's lovers of RPG? Common.

Firstly they released ME3 who got the most absurd flow of hate I ever seen. Secondly they released DA2 which is obviously one of the most absurdly rushed game.

They was clearly a huge part of the problem, and when they left it's more because they couldn't bear anymore the flow of hate that they failed stop with ME3. So your analysis is pretty weak.

So what are doing Zeschuk and Musyka? Nothing relevant to RPG, and that's lovers of RPG? Common.

Firstly they released ME3 who got the most absurd flow of hate I ever seen. Secondly they released DA2 which is obviously one of the most absurdly rushed game.

They was clearly a huge part of the problem, and when they left it's more because they couldn't bear anymore the flow of hate that they failed stop with ME3. So your analysis is pretty weak.

ME3 got hate because of the ending, nothing else AFAIK. DA2 was rushed because EA cut the funding, Bioware's plans for the game had to be cut short because of EA. But the quality control was there despite that, ie few bugs, not many political themes, and very few microtransactions.

So the 3 major effects of EA running things are not seen in those games. So i stand by my initial analysis.

Microtransaction, lol, such a big deal for small sjw, lol, and wrong DAO was already full of it.

Bugs I didn't knew/quoted and I doubt it's the core problem. For DA2 that's easy said, you could be right or not.

DA2 case looks a lot more like a plan to simulate in SP how MMO and multiplayer are keeping alive a game. This was supposed to be achieved with spread DLC, extension, and quick next release.

There's no evidence they wasn't a part of the decision, keep a flow of releases before the hot becomes cold. You could be right but it's just hypothesis.

For ME3 that it was just end is just making it more absurd, it was still a major flow of hate, and a major cause of hate reinforcement up to absurdity and blinded hate.

And in fact a lot of complain was just about main character dying, when it's in fact a very strong writing, and ME3 is wrote a lot with that in mind, so ME3 replay is quite more emotional (ME1&2 don't benefit as much because there isn't the same care in writing to evoke death rather often, nor in a way to evoke a final fate).

You just have a different hypothesis, no proof.

Microtransaction, lol, such a big deal for small sjw, lol, and wrong DAO was already full of it.

DAO's DLC were just bonus quests, they do not give you free loot resulting in a pay to win situation. I dont see a problem with DLC like that.

Bugs I didn't knew/quoted and I doubt it's the core problem. For DA2 that's easy said, you could be right or not.

DA2 case looks a lot more like a plan to simulate in SP how MMO and multiplayer are keeping alive a game. This was supposed to be achieved with spread DLC, extension, and quick next release.

There's no evidence they wasn't a part of the decision, keep a flow of releases before the hot becomes cold. You could be right but it's just hypothesis.

FAir enough.

For ME3 that it was just end is just making it more absurd, it was still a major flow of hate, and a major cause of hate reinforcement up to absurdity and blinded hate.

And in fact a lot of complain was just about main character dying, when it's in fact a very strong writing, and ME3 is wrote a lot with that in mind, so ME3 replay is quite more emotional (ME1&2 don't benefit as much because there isn't the same care in writing to evoke death rather often, nor in a way to evoke a final fate).

You just have a different hypothesis, no proof.

I dont think i have ever seen someone complain about the strong writing in ME3, but i have seen plenty complain about the main character dying.

Not sure where you want go about this main character death. I'll clarify that a lot of whining against ME3 was about that, and that for me it's kiddish behavior.

Replay ME3 makes so obvious it was important for its writing that main character dies, that even allow doubts in one end was a lame writing decision.

And the arguing I read recently that it makes no sense main character can save a whole galaxy and not himself is just gibberish as this character already died before in trilogy. Without to mention that on base it's no argument.

On other end, and I don't care and didn't bother dig, I don't feel the end solid logic and still haven't understood why the AI gives any choice. But main character death at end of trilogy and how is write ME3 is definitely great writing. I suppose the white wolf is still alive at end of trilogy, lame coward writing for kids isn't better writing, just more popular.

I suppose the white wolf is still alive at end of trilogy, lame coward writing for kids isn't better writing, just more popular.

And that was what the uproar about ME3 was all about. If the main character had the option to live in ME3 no one would be complaining.

And that was what the uproar about ME3 was all about. If the main character had the option to live in ME3 no one would be complaining.

Nope, there's one end clearly allowing it. Ok you could imagine he dies anyway later, but with a right set of conditions relatively hard to achieve, the trilogy ends and main character is still alive (but quite injured).

Nope too for whining causes, it wasn't the only raging against ME3 end. The real problem is coherency but I never get any clear post explaining it really clearly and didn't bother read about the subject.

For me the real and big incoherencies, that could be an error on my side from something not read/not understood/forgotten, are:
- It's total non sense that the AI wants a precise end and let you some choices.
- The choices that let the AI are dependent of war effort/power before final, not a single explanation to explain where's the logic.

I could invent myself some explanations for both elements I quoted. But they aren't just unclear/unsolved stuff generating some open end, it's stuff that looks incoherent and before end of trilogy it should have been explained at least a bit.

I would also add that the final itself isn't as much satisfying than I would hope. There's some great parts and perhaps even more for a replay, ok. It's a fairly good achievement to build a war mood, ok. RPG are awfully bad to do that from NWN2 to DAO and lately Tyranny.

But this final is a too long linear series of combats, and this too clear scholar review of all aliens was a bit ridiculous, it weaken significantly the final, not the end or the ME3 core.

Back
Top Bottom