Company of Heroes 3

Seems CoH 3 was revealed today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_EzEPAWGM0

And it might be the first one I actually get into. I kept trying the previous 2, but it always became unmanageable for me, the amount of things I needed to micromanage. But this one has two new features that I think are going to change that for me.

First of all, the campaign will feature a world-map style campaign that's played in turn-based, I guess similar to Total War games.
And the second thing is that they're now offering the ability to play real-time with pause, just like InfinityEngine games. You're gonna be able to pause battles, give orders and then unpause. Great!

The one thing I hope they also manage is offer more than just the american & british campaigns. I hope we also get the Russian campaign. But seeing as the russiaphobia across the western world is at an all time high, I woudn't be surprised if they distort history and the russian contribution to WW2.

Anyway, we shall see. I hope to be proven wrong.

Seeing this announcement reminded me that I've owned CoH 1 with a couple of expansions for years and have never installed them, much less played them.

Well spotted and thank you sharing the news. Reading how the game will be vastly different from the first two has me worried a little bit, but I'm sure I'll enjoy playing it.

A new game-play trailer for the game was released this week.

Company of Heroes 3 Official Gameplay Overview Trailer

Join members of the development team for a discussion on why Company of Heroes 3 is set in the Mediterranean theatre in this new developer diary for the upcoming game.

Well it seems Company of Heroes 3 was Delayed to 2023.

Back
Top Bottom