RPGWatch Feature - King's Bounty: Armored Princess Impressions

Dhruin

SasqWatch
One of our last articles from the German GamesCom convention, Myrthos brings us an overview of Kings Bounty: Armored Princess after meeting with 1C. Here's a snip:
There are even more interesting changes - like you not having a wife anymore, which makes sense as you play a female hero. But Princesses don't carry too much themselves, so Amelie gets to choose a boyfriend of her liking. The boyfriend carries all the heavy stuff, such as armor and weapons and you get to choose from more than one possible boyfriend in the game. If you happen to find one that suits you better than the one you have now, you just replace him. And as you are not officially married in the game, you don't lose half of your assets when you dump your boyfriend. He does, however, take the equipment you gave him to wear with him when he wanders off, so you better strip him first before saying goodbye.
Read it all here.
More information.

Myrthos, did you try the 3d glasses? If so, is it more a novelty than a really cool feature?

Great review btw. I was pretty sure I was going to pick this up, but now it's on my must buy (whenever it gets to Taiwan) list.

Seems interesting :) another one on my "to buy list after I bought a new machine"

why not? it is comparable to the wife thing?

you make it sound like it is a dating game :s

No, *they* make it sound like a dating game. ;)

Seriously though, as long as the combat is equal to the first game, I'll be quite happy with it.

1C promoted them as boyfriends to me. In all likelihood they are just some mules, but I like the 'girl power' approach better.

I didn't found the time to finish the press demo yet, but once I do I'll write something about my experiences. At the moment the combat feels exactly the same as in its predecessor.

Because I have no interest in role-playing a female character trying to hook up with guys.

Oh, now you might take a glimpse at how it might be a woman who plays RPGs with only male protagonists ... ;)

Thanks for another great preview. Now the real question is, when is the game coming out!? :)

The whole "wife/boyfriend" thing is something that I wish they would have removed for the expansion. I actually didn't like the "wife" system of the original KB, since they (and your kids in the game) are treated more or less like pieces of disposable artifact...

Because I have no interest in role-playing a female character trying to hook up with guys.

Now you understand the fundamental problem with 99.5% of game out there and why games and gamers are looked at the way they are.

Isn't it all a bit abstract to care? It isn't like KB offers hi-res, realistic first-person graphics showing detailed steamy sex scenes. It's a cartoon-y turn-based game and wives (and, presumably, boyfriends) simply offer some bonuses (and carry the loot, in this case).

Does that honestly offend your manhood?

I've always looked at it as I'm "guiding" a character…the character is not me ;)

I'm the gentle voice on the breeze, and the puppet master in the heavens lol

btw playing KB atm (early game) and enjoying it!

Back
Top Bottom