Gamasutra - Top Games of The Year

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gamasutra posted a six page article with thier top game picks of 2014.

Look past the conflict in 2014, and you'll see an incredible amount of great games for all kinds of tastes.

That widening variance, and the sheer volume of games released these days, is why last year, Gamasutra started running individual staff members' top five favorite games they played during a given year.

I figure that by now, it's a bit disingenuous to pretend to come up with a "definitive" "Best Games 20XX" list when the fact is, there are so many games out there of all kinds that our small staff could never get around to playing all of the worthy titles out there, let alone agree which handful are "The Best."

That said, our small staff, naturally, played a whole lot of games this year, and we all have strong opinions about the ones we loved.
More information.

Last edited:
Finally a list of best stuff that includes everyone_talks_about_and_plays Destiny!
And of course, a musthave Kim Kardashian game, in the case someone missed to buy $50 even after 10 years Katy Perry Sweet Treats stuffpack!

Errr… No, The Stick of Truth is not mentioned anywhere. It's too original. Tetris clones are added though.
Lemme go puke, then I'll return on spammin'.

Well to be fair it's the entire staffs picks not a narrowed down top five list. Still I never played Destiny myself, and probably never will based on a few video reviews.

Of course you won't play it.
I bet it's the worst case of overhyped and not delivering product this year.

Wow - weakest list I've seen of any site. How many of those games are for mobile platforms?

Back
Top Bottom