The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The most difficult "thing" to find there was imho
the Elven musician ! ;)

Yesterday I learned 2 new things :

- One can actually fall out of a Guild Ship. (I pressed a few keys I didn't want to, lol)

I had entered it through the entrace in Stormreach Harbour - and found myself after a long, long, long fall within the Marketplace district. Of 81 health points I had, 3 remained after the fall.

- If I use Emotes, I need to use them in the client's software language. Which is in my case German. And this explains to me why I had used English-language emote commands in vain for so long (one or two months, actually). I found 2 emotes listed in my Limited Edition handbook, by the way, which didn't work. I received a German-language "unknown command" reply by the software. The one was - trying to describe it - kind of waving with fists, the other one is putting the hands (in)to the hips, like impatient waiting at a bus stop. I couldn't find both via the /hilfe command (would be /help) and in the /emoteliste (would be /emotelist in English) either.

Ah, and by the way, a third thing I learned : Never, never enter a quest without having checked whether there are enough arrows available - if the arrow is your main weapon, that is.

I think it was Cm whom I had met on the guild ship - and she helped me finding out how emotes work ! ;) Thank you ! :)

Arrows are nothing. Wait till you're playing a caster, enter a quest and suddenly discover you are out of Bat Guano (or similar) and can't cast any of your best spells!! :)

Right after joining the guild I went on the ship and thought it was cool that it was flying. I thought that there was no way to fall off the ship so I went and jumped off and found out I was wrong. At first I thought I was stuck in the water and didn't know what to do and then I was transported to the Jorasco Enclave.

LOL ! :lol:

Besides - I need now chamaeleon tails for spells … ugh ! Pascal would be against it !
(I mean Pascal from "Tangled" ;) )

Yes it was me dancing and waving with you. ;) Tried to get back in game but RL again is bitting my butt this week. One of these days we need to run a few quests together. ( Oh and Corwin has fallen off of everything in the game I think. :) )

Yes he has and he has got lost in every quest as well. I don't think there is any quest he hasn't died in either. :p

I have a feeling the latter is partly a result of the former. If you get lost and start wandering by yourself in unexplored territory you wake up the monsters and can't get help.

I have to tell that lately there is somebody else, but Corwin, who is known for falling down from everything. I won't mention her name, but it starts with C and ends with m. :p

Yes he has and he has got lost in every quest as well. I don't think there is any quest he hasn't died in either. :p
Now, now, give the old boy some credit. I'm certain he's never died on a Shroud run and he's probably the only one in the guild with zero wipes in a PUG. ;)

He is also the one who has a quest strategy named after him. We just call it "Doing a Corwin". He dies, someone grabs his soul stone, and we just carry him to the safe area then revive him. I think in one quest we carried him for so long he went out to dinner and came back in time to get the end reward chest. :)

:lol:

"They've been dragging me around !!!" :lol:

There was even a quest where he failed at the very beginning. It was a high level quest where you have to jump some pillars to get to a platform. Unfortunately there were no monsters to kill him so we couldn't carry his soul stone to the top.

So poor Corwin had to remain at the bottom listening to the rest of us killing the monsters and getting to the chests. At least we got a chance to tell what was inside the chests he never got a chance to access. :lol:

Corwin even had a good jump skill, but you also need some kind of finger coordination. I guess there is a reason Corwin told he truly hates Super Mario games. :p

I might be about 30 minutes late tonight. Depends on if I have to play taxi or not.

There was even a quest where he failed at the very beginning. It was a high level quest where you have to jump some pillars to get to a platform. Unfortunately there were no monsters to kill him so we couldn't carry his soul stone to the top.

So poor Corwin had to remain at the bottom listening to the rest of us killing the monsters and getting to the chests. At least we got a chance to tell what was inside the chests he never got a chance to access. :lol:

Corwin even had a good jump skill, but you also need some kind of finger coordination. I guess there is a reason Corwin told he truly hates Super Mario games. :p

What Peter doesn't say is how many times he died in that same level 20 quest. ;)

I think he died more times than all the rest of us combined. Probably why he seems to be reluctant to hit IQ2/Dreaming Dark again.

I finally managed to hit a Shroud group that completed. Largely, it was due to very high DPS, an artificer, and capable ranged DPS in part 4.

Me and the Arty dealt with the devils during part 4's trash phase, as well as the three divines and 1 wizard. The arty also handed out Silver Weapons like candy; buffing my own normal set of khopeshes, as well as the LitII's that were the main weapons of every other melee in the group, making them all DR breakers.

The thing was we were in a very well geared group, that wiped once, and already had their tier III GS weapons made save the few of us who were outsiders. Fact is, it was a guild group that filled out a few slots with puggers. Not a real pug.

Fireflash has the mats to go to tier II on a khopesh, but still needs to make the loop of Vale quests to make the second blank. Beyond that, I'm a lot of runs away from being able to finish both as LitII's like I want, at which point it'll be a matter of finding a build I like for the TR.

You know, I actually understood about every third word of that post!! :)

That's the new 1337-spaek ! ;)

I try, using the DDO Glossary (Wiki) (Glossary/Wiki entries in italics) :

Arty = Artificier ?
DPS = ? = "damage per second or damage per swing"
part 4 = ?
IQ2 = ? = "Dreaming Dark" ? (A quest, I suppose ?) = "Inspired Quarters 2" (whatever this means - the "Inspired Quarters" are an area one can go into)
Khopesh = ?
Lit II = ?
GS = ? = Green Steel or Great-Sword
DR = ? = "damage reduction" (hey, I guessed that right !)
tier III = level 3 of something
pug = ? = "pick-up-group" = a group of people "randomly" coming together for doing a quest - in contrast to "guild groups", the glossary says
pugger = ? = a person going into such a PUG group
"having the mats = ?
"the loop of vale quests" = a series of quests which are connected to one another (similar to "the harbourmasters favour" in Stormreach Harbour)
a blank = ?
Fireflash = name of a Guild ?
TR = ? = "Tangleroot Gorge"

Besides, what is a wipe ? When all members of a group that's doing a quest is being wiped out by the boss-monster ? With no-one left to revive others ?

Arty = Artificier, but normally it means artillery.
DPS = damage per second
part 4 = Part 4 of Shroud is the part where most groups wipe (everybody gets killed). It's the part where you need to kill Harry (the Pit Fiend called Arratriekos). The main reason is that the spawning blades hit much harder than before.
IQ2 = Inspired Quarters 2
Khopesh = The best one handed weapon in the game. Most high level toons use it.
Lit II = Lightning II. That is a tier 3 upgrade of a greensteel item. If a weapon you have many good abilities like a chance to to up to 600 hp extra damage from an electric charge.
GS = Green Steel
DR = damage reduction
tier III = level 3 of greensteel items. When you make then you first make the blank with combining materials from the Vale quests, the signet stone (which much be combined with stone shards from each of the 5 vale quets) and energy cells. Tier 1 is made from small ingredients you get inside the Shroud in addition to a shard of power. Tier 2 is the same, but with medium ingredients and a great shard of power. Tier 3 is with large ingredients and a supreme shard of power. At each tier you add more powers to your item. So one reason greensteel items are so valuable is that you can add a lot of powers to one item.
pug = "pick-up-group" = a group of people "randomly" coming together for doing a quest - in contrast to "guild groups", the glossary says
pugger = a person going into such a PUG group
"having the mats = Mats = materials. That means the stuff you get from end chests in the vale quests like chipmunk funks, glistening pebbles, lily petals etc. Those are needed to craft the greensteel blank
"the loop of vale quests" = Doing all of the 5 quests in the vale. You need the stone shard from each of them to craft the signet stone you need for the greensteel blank.
a blank = the tier 0 greensteel item. This one doesn't have any powers except being greensteel.
Fireflash = name of the ranger Azraelck is playing. He is the one building more greensteel items.
TR = True reincarnation. When you get to level 20 (max level in DDO) you can TR and start all over from level 1 again. When you TR you get 34 build points instead of 28 (or 32) and get a free feat dependent upon the class you had in your former life. You keep all your items, but you need to do all quests again. If you TR an already TR'ed character you get 36 build points. It's usually good to get the greensteel items before you TR because then you can use them from level 11 or level 12. That would make quests in e. g. the desert or giant hold much easier.

So our high level toons are now buffing up on greensteel items so they can TR together and benefit from the items you had in your first life.

Ah, thanks ! :) Now things become much clearer ! :)

But - what in fact is so wonderful about greensteel that you try to build it ?

You can select several things to add to your own skills in addition to nice combo of damage it does, such as acid, stun, fire for example. You get to choose what you want it to do to enemies as well as what stats of yours you want it to increase for you. That is the simple explaination...best hit the wiki for a more details. ;)

Back
Top Bottom