Kingmaker - Released

Now, now codexian sunshines…no need to get butthurt. You're too old for that. :p

Plebs, noobs! (Sticks nose up to high heavens) Nuh huh-huh, We don care about any journos score!

Entering discussion about old crpgs.

Look, look: review ratings, user score and sales! Everyone loves it and watches it on stream too! Incline, incline!!

It's like that weird geek group from high school. So very edgy and staring o-so-menacingly at others…but secretly, they really want to drive a sports car and date a cheerleader. :lol:

I may not agree with the review but the reviewer is right. To many newer RPGs have stagnated the pond as the saying goes. Even Larian mentioned this before.
Once upon a time a good CRPG was hard to find, but now we’re slightly spoiled for choice and Kingmaker doesn’t quite stack up with the best, even if it does get a lot right and throws a few neat new ideas into the mix.
Just hope the next reviews are positive as OwlCat delayed review copies.

The positive reviews on steam increased to 70% :)
I really hope this game thrives because I want to see more of it. How cool would be if we have a DCL for every adventure Path in this game? *dreaming*

The haters wanted a PoE 3, they don't like the "difficult spikes". They want to beat every single enemy that they encounter. Those ppl already have PoE for that, why they need to sh** in this masterpice ;(

The haters wanted a PoE 3, they don't like the "difficult spikes". They want to beat every single enemy that they encounter. Those ppl already have PoE for that, why they need to sh** in this masterpice ;(

You can encounter enemies in POE1/POE2 that are too high level/hard for your current party too. Even a mainstream games like Skyrim has those.

It's more like a lots of people had a collective brainfart over the concept while playing Kingmaker.

Yes I'll get flamed but I'm getting disappointed with this game.So I'm thinking of putting this game on hold till it gets more patches, and the promised content updates.

Frankly this game could of used more development time. Your experience may vary as plenty love the game in its current state, and they seem to have no problems.

So onward to finishing Original Sin 2 instead, and starting Insomnia: The Ark.

You can encounter enemies in POE1/POE2 that are too high level/hard for your current party too. Even a mainstream games like Skyrim has those.

It's more like a lots of people had a collective brainfart over the concept while playing Kingmaker.

I didn't play PoE2. But in PoE1 I don't remember these "difficulty spikes". And yes, Skyrim had monsters on the map that would kill you in the blink of an eye. That's the beauty of a sandbox game. Still, ppl didn't complain about this in Skyrim, but why on PF:K? Collective brainfart seems a good explanation :lol:

Not understanding the ruleset and what type of game it is could be the reason too. People forget Baldur's Gate by now and how that game functioned. What we got was the best CRPG since the BG series, true to the ruleset and dice-roll mechanics. For nerds like me I fucking love it.

I didn't play PoE2. But in PoE1 I don't remember these "difficulty spikes".

Doing the Temple of Eothas under Gilded Vale at the start of the game with just Aloth and Edér in the party…

The bounties depending at what level you do them. There was also a spike after Defiance Bay, but with White March and level scaling being added it depends in what order you do things. There is some White March content meant for max level you can access right after getting access to it at like level 5-8 though.

In POE2, you can encounter level 15-20 enemies right from the start if you explore away from the main quest, but the game has an icon to warn you about it.

Doing the Temple of Eothas under Gilded Vale at the start of the game with just Aloth and Edér in the party…

The bounties depending at what level you do them. There was also a spike after Defiance Bay, but with White March and level scaling being added it depends in what order you do things. There is some White March content meant for max level you can access right after getting access to it at like level 5-8 though.

In POE2, you can encounter level 15-20 enemies right from the start if you explore away from the main quest, but the game has an icon to warn you about it.

Now I remeber. PoE after the white march indeed had this warning. But I think I kind of heeded the warning because I remember that white march was so easy that and I hated it.

I also love and want more of Pathfinder :) this is the best game for me since BG2!!!

Back
Top Bottom