THQ Nordic - Acquires Logic Artists

Only thing that worries me about this is that it may mean the end of DRM-free releases. Unless I'm mistaken, it seems THQ Nordic doesn't have any of their games on GOG.

If you just search for THQ Nordic in GoG's search bar you will find out that they have 88 titles on GoG.

Great news and I look forward to third instalment of Expeditions series :)

Btw isn't the title a bit misleading? Should read acquired Expeditions IP instead of Logic Artists?

Yeah that would be more to the point. Good catch purpleblob. I want people to know who Logic Artists are, not just the Expeditions IP. I remember many old indie developers of yore going unrecognized because a big EA or Activision was emblazoned on the box and not the developer who actually made the game. Those developers then faded into obscurity despite making great games because noone knew who they were. Its a little dream of mine. :)

Good point and heartily agree. Wishing the best for Logic Artists and other indie developers :)

I do believe that this will be a good thing for Logic Artists. I'm very curious as to where a third game might take place, which area/nations might be involved.

I thought Conquistadors was only ok but I am in the middle of playing Vikings right now and very much enjoying it. I think they nailed the tactical combat... it's stayed challenging and interesting, 25 hours in.

If this means another Expeditions game coming, then that's great. Has there been any mention of where/when the next setting might be?

I thought Conquistadors was only ok but I am in the middle of playing Vikings right now and very much enjoying it. I think they nailed the tactical combat… it's stayed challenging and interesting, 25 hours in.

If this means another Expeditions game coming, then that's great. Has there been any mention of where/when the next setting might be?

I do believe that this will be a good thing for Logic Artists. I'm very curious as to where a third game might take place, which area/nations might be involved.

There's just a rumor based on a trademark filed awhile ago: Rome

There's just a rumor based on a trademark filed awhile ago: Rome
Ha didn't even know that thanks. I just guessed in my earlier reply. Now the question is what time period in Rome. As there are so many possible dates to pick.:thinking:

I hope they go way back, maybe even so far back to when the Romans first established many of their roads around the continent, and even London. It would take quite a bit of research, but talk about a time period that I don't recall being well covered in any role playing game.

Logical Arts, Hairbrained Schemes, Obsidian, and InXile all being bought by publishers recently. I guess they'd rather take the risk with a publisher than continue to crowdfund, and those were some of the more successful crowdfunding studios. Crowdfunding now seems to be less about actually generating the income needed to make a game and more to generate publicity or test the market.

Of the set I would think only Harbrained Schemes had a choice. The others were clearly suffering financially with their latest works not selling well.

Having said that I do believe the last sentence is correct for larger developers who have no chance of producing the finish product on the money raised. Smaller indie do better because they don't strictly require a paid staff. Not sure how large Harbrained is but the last game they produce appeared to sell very well.

Logical Arts, Hairbrained Schemes, Obsidian, and InXile all being bought by publishers recently. I guess they'd rather take the risk with a publisher than continue to crowdfund, and those were some of the more successful crowdfunding studios. Crowdfunding now seems to be less about actually generating the income needed to make a game and more to generate publicity or test the market.

Back
Top Bottom