Gothic 2 G2, first playthrough, NotR yay/nay?

Good point. There are just some places in Gothic games you are better off avoiding until you are extremely tough yourself. - It's more realistic that way as opposed to games like Oblivious.

And most of the time you can run away from the baddies if you have to pass through their habitats:)

But I think that a vacuum cleaning approach to exploration is the norm in many games (including classic favourites like Baldurs Gate).

Yeah, I'm all about vaccum cleaning the world - especially the first two Gothics because they put such cool stuff in so many obscure places. The difference is the vacuum cleaning isn't systematic - here in this corner, then trot over the other side of the world.... then the middle, etc...

G2 +NOTR rocks, G2 without NOTR is freaking awesome!.
yeah it's hard but that's another thing I like about it, tried of the games where it's so easy to kill everyone and everything fits to your level, let me walk into a cave and disturb a couple of shadowbeast which instantly turn me to dinner , any day of the week. that's true freedom, the freedom of being stupid and getting killed every time you're not on your guard:).
I like this approach much better than for instance fallout 3 where you can kill anything at level 1 if you are cunning and by level 5 the game just gets boring.

man watch out for snappers they will follow you for miles:)

Back
Top Bottom