The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Plastikman - Consumed. One of the best electronic albums of all time. Dark and hypnotic, totally hits the right spots for me.

Tangerine Dream - Rubycon. Masters of arpeggios and synced delays + i just love the sound of those Moog modulars.

Last edited:
Super Tramp...

I had their music growing up, I don't think really realized how great they really are.

Not sure if I posted this before, but I like the nostalgia combined with an excellent rendition:

The ever-popular Jeff Buckley. What an angelic voice. R.I.P. One album during the 90s, then died in the Mississippi with his boots on. Tragic loss.

Also, I love Gojira. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fate has ben so kind to me that I could get a ticket to the Phil Collins show last Friday ... So my mental jukebox is currently filled with "Dance into the light" ...

For pibbur who I hope won't become so distressed he starts throwing rocks and metal at me… ;)

If you still think all of the above was yuck, you'll smile seeing this little video, but for different reason:

More new music for me - mix of jangly progressive noisy jazzy atmospheric dancey electronic alternative retro goodness care of Morning Becomes of Eclectic.

Not nearly enough Waze of the Gaze, people. Sad!

Unfortunately, the songs I've been stuck on for a couple weeks are out of character. Such is life.
"Cirice"
"Square Hammer"
both from Ghost

And how about something a little off the wall
"If You Want Me to Love You" by Asylum Street Spankers

Not nearly enough Waze of the Gaze, people. Sad!

Unfortunately, the songs I've been stuck on for a couple weeks are out of character. Such is life.
"Cirice"
"Square Hammer"
both from Ghost

And how about something a little off the wall
"If You Want Me to Love You" by Asylum Street Spankers

Thanks for those - I always appreciate checking out the music people put here. Some I love, some not so much ... but I really appreciate all music and the way it moves people.

We have an internal social network at Corning (powered by Yammer) and there is a 'song a day' thread that lots of great stuff gets shared on ...

Recently a re-released the 'Complete Riverside Recordings' of Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane. Two amazing jazz geniuses, too little shared music ... but great to hear anything.

For some reason your link did not work so I copied the name and album in YouTube and found it.

I had never heard of her. Really beautiful. Thank you.

Last edited:
Strange - as the link shows up for me…. :)

But I'm glad you liked it. She's made a LOT of beautiful music.

*EDIT* Yeah, it shows up but doesn't work, so.... ;)

Yes, weird. Anyway, downloaded this album with Spotify and am enjoying it right now and will do so in future. It is lovely.

Yes, weird. Anyway, downloaded this album with Spotify and am enjoying it right now and will do so in future. It is lovely.

I highly recommend checking out her other albums. She's one of the most consistently great vocalists I know of - along with Lisa Gerrard.

Back
Top Bottom