What games are you playing now?

Thanks all who helped answer my questions about D3 on console. I have it for PC and my wife actually liked it lot more than me so I think I will get it for PS4 for 2 player coop.

Also its nice to know that I am not the only person who has issue controlling camera with analog stick! Currently the only game I played on PS4 is Shadows of Mordor and I am fine as I melee but I suck at when I try to use the bow since you need good camera control for that. I guess its better to stick with PC for FPS and other ranged based games then? I was thinking of getting Destiny for PS4 but I guess you need good camera control for that or does the game help you with targeting in some way?

Destiny controls well - and I find it very comfortable considering it's a console shooter.

That said, I was very disappointed in the game - and I find it to be extremely repetitive. It also has one of the least impressive singleplayer campaigns I've seen, considering it's an AAA title, and I've seen my share of campaigns.

Unless you really like endless grindy raids - I'd say something like Borderlands 2 is miles ahead of Destiny in almost every way.

really considering Shadows of Mordor, but id have to buy an Xbone for both that and TESO when it hits... 400 bucks, but thats just the beginning of course as we all know

really considering Shadows of Mordor, but id have to buy an Xbone for both that and TESO when it hits… 400 bucks, but thats just the beginning of course as we all know

I'm having a blast with shadows of mordor. It does get a bit repetitive as people say but it's not a problem if you really like what their repeating.:lol:

My biggest complaint would be lack of difficulty settings. I wish it were harder, especially after you level up your skills and weapon upgrades.

I really enjoy the nemesis system, stealth, planning my attack on a strong hold, the batman type combat and the high production values. I thought the voice acting was especially good and I don't normally notice that type of thing.

I'm about 20 hours in now but I've done very little story. I'm just enjoying taking out captains and freeing slaves and such. I've avenged the death of several other players. Unfortunately Im not friend with anyone playing it so it's not as satisfying as if I avenged one of my friends.

Xbone? Why not ps4 or even better PC.

Well, i have a friend who has it already and is one of many gradually selling me on the console. Plus, she wants to play TESO on it with me when it hits, and like Diablo 3, im kinda curious what it would be like to sit on my couch, completely nude, playing TESO with a controller on my 60" LCD.

Mordor, to me, looks like one of those games best played in that fashion as well. I thought i heard somewhere that the nemesis system has more depth on the next-gen consoles, that they scaled it back for the other versions

Well, i have a friend who has it already and is one of many gradually selling me on the console. Plus, she wants to play TESO on it with me when it hits, and like Diablo 3, im kinda curious what it would be like to sit on my couch, completely nude, playing TESO with a controller on my 60" LCD.

Mordor, to me, looks like one of those games best played in that fashion as well. I thought i heard somewhere that the nemesis system has more depth on the next-gen consoles, that they scaled it back for the other versions

Just curious, not trying to push you one way or the other.

I've never heard or read that the console version has any advantage over the PC version as far as I know they are identical.

And yes mordor looks great on my 120" projector on my pc in my computer room. I haven't tried it naked though so I'm not sure if that enhances the experience.;)

Playing now:

Alien Isolation

Honestly can't play this in long sessions, because of the tension. I'm a big immersion guy - and this game is perhaps the most immersive I've ever played. Certainly when it comes to horror.

Are you playing on Normal difficulty? How challenging are you finding it to be?

Just curious, not trying to push you one way or the other.

I've never heard or read that the console version has any advantage over the PC version as far as I know they are identical.

And yes mordor looks great on my 120" projector on my pc in my computer room. I haven't tried it naked though so I'm not sure if that enhances the experience.;)

You would be surprised what nudism can do for your gaming experience

I decided to go with Legend of Grimrock 2 over Alien Isolation for now. To be honest, I was more in the mood for something like the latter, but there are some technical things about that game that bug me. I'm going to hold off and see what, if anything, patches bring to it.

I'm about 2 hours into LoG now and I'm enjoying it. I went with a Human Male Knight, Lizardman Fighter, Ratling Alchemist, and a Human Female Wizard.

Are you playing on Normal difficulty? How challenging are you finding it to be?

I started out on Hard, and played the first few levels like that. It's a problem for me, though, because the game is all about patience. I'm not a very patient person - and you can't really plan ahead for how you deal with the Alien as it's not scripted (most of the time) - and you can do nothing but hide and try to avoid it with a few tricks.

So, after losing a lot of progress a few times - I've decided to play on Easy for the moment. I'm primarily playing for the exploration and the immersion - and there's plenty of that no matter what level you play at.

That said, I really do think it's best on Hard - it just takes a lot more patience than I seem to have. I might go back to Hard after I master the mechanics - and I can already feel myself being much less reliant on luck than I was in the beginning.

Also, it doesn't help that I'm so tense while playing that I have to take breaks very frequently.

But I can imagine a lot of people dealing with it more like a simple computer game and the Alien as just another AI. I think the game might be much easier if you're not into it in a big way.

For me, though, it's almost real - so I'm not being as rational as I'd be, otherwise ;)

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

From what I gather from reading various posts on the web, Hard difficulty is really tough. I'm not sure the game is meant to be played on that level for a first-time run. I expect it's more geared towards people who already finished it on Easy or Normal.

I'm going to play it on Normal when I get around to it. I'm hoping some technical improvements will have been patched in by then (better AA, improved shadows), but I've got a feeling I'm going to enjoy it regardless.

After completing Grimrock, I'll have to finish Alien Isolation - which shouldn't take more than a few hours.

However, I'm sad to report that it's not as good as it was in the beginning. It's stretched way beyond what its limited gameplay arsenal can provide in terms of variety.

The tension is still strong overall, but it's nothing like it was in the beginning. There are reasons for that, which I won't spoil here.

The level design gets very repetitive, and you have to pull an atrocious amount of levers and push a ridiculous amount of buttons. It's truly sad, considering the immensely powerful atmosphere and superb level of immersion. The sound, for instance, is truly out of this world.

Frankly, even though I'm at mission 15 out of 18, I don't feel like playing it to completion. Maybe I should just skip the end and watch it on YT.

The level design gets very repetitive, and you have to pull an atrocious amount of levers and push a ridiculous amount of buttons. It's truly sad, considering the immensely powerful atmosphere and superb level of immersion. The sound, for instance, is truly out of this world.

Frankly, even though I'm at mission 15 out of 18, I don't feel like playing it to completion. Maybe I should just skip the end and watch it on YT.

Reading about it, I did kind of wonder if it would be able to sustain itself for the entire length of the game. From what you and other people have said, it sounds like it's got a slightly overlarge serving size.

Reading about it, I did kind of wonder if it would be able to sustain itself for the entire length of the game. From what you and other people have said, it sounds like it's got a slightly overlarge serving size.

You can check out my review in the "finished" thread for confirmation ;)

I started a second play of D OS tonight. It would seem all the patches are done, though I never had a problem the first go through.

I've been playing Borderlands 2 again. In the past I've gotten bored before finishing it, but I've been playing with the Mechromancer's anarchy skill tree and that's pushed it to a new level of gonzo insanity, especially with the rebounding bullets skill. It feels like I can rip through big groups a lot faster than any of my previous characters.

It's just the kind of game I need at the moment. Total chaos while someone shouts out old Unreal Tournament quotes! :D

Well I am tired of not getting lucky improvements in good drops in Diablo 3, so have gone back to Drakensag 2: The River of Time. About done with Hammerburg.

But....Poor Cano gets trashed by the mobs. They seem to target him first even after I made him into a back row archer (he couldn't handle hits in melee range).

I hate to do this and ruin the roleplaying just because of combat needs, but... I need to give him heavy armor, which means upping his strength, so he can qualify for the armor talents that reduce encomberance. Side effect of more strength is more bow damage which is also good, I think.

The mages don't have this problem because they are frequently ignored and they have the shield spell.

Ideas?

Cano has dodge 3 talent already but it's not enough. Also, Forgrimm taunts when needed, but it's usually too late by then for glass cannon Cano.

The demo for The Evil Within.

I'm glad I didn't waste $60 on this game. If the demo is representive of the full game, it's mediocre in every way. Survival-horror is one of my favorite genres, but TEW just isn't very good. I'm amazed at how unoriginal and derivative it is.

It's basically a combination of Silent Hill and Outlast, but it's inferior to both of those games.

playing an english modded version of the russian version of Blade and Soul MMO.

Its combat is so much better than anything else on the mmo market. Shame the engrish is so bad. I am still enjoying it though.

And Terra Battle on the Ipad. It is actually quite good.

I'm playing Skyrim...again. Anyone surprised?

Back
Top Bottom