White Gold - Interview @ omgpcgames

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Deep Shadows' Ika has spoken with a site named omgpcgames about White Gold. Here's the question many people are thinking:
OMG Pc Games: I find it very adventurous to make another RPGFPS after Boiling Point was so heavily criticised by the gaming community, due to its bugs. Is there anything that prompted you to make the decision to carry on the RPGFPS series?
Ika: As you mentioned, the gaming community mostly criticised numerous bugs of Boiling Point, but the genre. The originality of such mix was values as interesting and challenging direction in the game industry. Thus, Deep Shadows team decided to rehabilitate RPG\FPS genre for gaming community, taking into account previous experience. We consider that mix of RPG and FPS is attractive and promising genre for players. We’re aiming to keep in all attractive features, throw away stuff that irritated player and implement most of new features, that passed community feedback.
More information.

I didn't like Boiling Point, but I'm glad that they have stuck with the genre and they are trying again. It would have so easy for them to abandon their ambitions and make some 8-hour, focus group-tested, linear dumbed down game with one button context-sensitive controls instead.

Anyone heard from ShadowMoses, his the only Deep Shadow fansite, at least in English I know, seems to be down (suspended?)? The reason I ask is it was very recently upgraded and updated for the new upcoming two games. :(

White Gold looks great to me, though I really liked Boiling Point for what it was intended to be despite atari's criminal handling of the game during and after their bankruptcy. Forcing the game to be released 6 months to a year early full of bugs and unfinished content, which is too bad they had a lot of creativity and for the most part merged the best parts of many different genres. They certainly have a winning formula if they can just get the cash flow or decent publisher to let them actually finish their game.

They did release few big patches to boiling point. Did they ever manage to fix it? On the official forums they say like they did - atleast to som extent.

I bought the game for 15euros but havent tried it yet.

Acleacius, this is the only place I can find now:

http://borntobefreeform.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=9ec4c5839c6c186dc2dc3dade278cfd8

I think most of the info from the other site was put there, but alot of the links (to guides, etc) were not working last time I looked. Also, it's just a forum, no real site.

I like Boiling Point, though (even patched up) it still has many major problems (most that are design flaws, not bugs). Hopefully they learned from their mistakes and White Gold & Precursors will be more complete (and less buggy) games. I'm glad *somebody* is still trying to make this kind of game (other than the GTA games...which isn't really the same thing).

They did release few big patches to boiling point. Did they ever manage to fix it? On the official forums they say like they did - atleast to som extent.

I bought the game for 15euros but havent tried it yet.

They fixed it to the point where it is playable, but it still has major problems, and it's just not all that fun.

Back
Top Bottom