The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

@CTavarez23;
Welcome.

Your YT video did not load, quote me to see the difference between your post and mine.
And please, take a look at the second link in my signature.
Thanks.

Yes, that's it.;)

Currently listening to Alice in Chains with a different vocalist.

It took me some time to get used to Will DuVall, once I stopped comparing him to Staley in my head I grew to enjoy DuVall. If you ever want to hear someone that will really make you think of Staley, check out the front man for a group known as Facelift.

Whatever way you slice it, Alice in Chains is always good to listen to, in any iteration.

It took me some time to get used to Will DuVall, once I stopped comparing him to Staley in my head I grew to enjoy DuVall. If you ever want to hear someone that will really make you think of Staley, check out the front man for a group known as Facelift.

Whatever way you slice it, Alice in Chains is always good to listen to, in any iteration.

Duel of the fates - Sith version. :)

And electro metal cover, because why not:

Received this for Christmas.

CPtzMKCdVuYrdYkMpunNPM-1200-80.jpg

Although it's highly self-referential to earlier Crimson work it's an excellent take on it, warranting many relistens. Lots of great stuff here, but if I had to choose, my favorite track for now is Vroom!

"The band had intended to record Thrak in such a way that two sets of trios would play at the same time (say, Bill Bruford, Try Gunn, Robert Fripp and drummer Pat Mastelotto, Tony Levin, second guitarist Adrian Belew) but in slightly different ways (time signatures, etc.) that would be separated in the sound field…

The only real example of this approach to be found is “VROOOM”: Pan your speakers left or right and you’ll hear two separate trios playing, you guessed it, slightly different versions of the same song. They merge back together as “Coda: Marine 475” begins."

(it seems the music's publishers are vigilant to keep the album version off of youtube). surprising. The live versions aren't as interesting.

Also finally, got the Grizzly Bear Shields album, which is just lovely. Here's one of my favorites from it. If the video is uncomfortable to watch, just listen.

k+m masterrace cover by 2WEI:

The original? Live version? Deal:

Nothing beats the original short k+m vid? Well then:

I was introducing a new friend to Stone Temple Pilots this morning, so we listened to the first four albums, Core through Number Four. I do believe she's now a new STP addict!!

Today has been a Green Day!!! I started with Smooth, I'm currently listening to Nimrod, and planning to get through American Idiot by the time I wrap up my Green Day marathon. They've really changed some of their sounds and styles over the years, but the basics remain, and they are awesome!!

Flashback to my grunge teenage years.

This week renowned jazz composer and saxophonist Jimmy Heath died at age 93, so I have been digging back through my collection of his stuff. Of all his great songs, my fave is the 1964 song 'Gingerbread Boy', which I first heard on Miles Davis 1967 'Miles Smiles' album.

More Grunge Rock from my youth.

hehe I almost did that one. Was also considering

How about this?!

And this one just for fun, though wasn't a teen years song.

Chris Cornell what a shame he passed away.:(

OK, here's one for the metal heads.

The whole albums pretty good. No budget, no views, no vikings. Just pure thrash metal.

Back
Top Bottom