Drakensang More Questions

mbuddha

Sentinel
In the continued absence of a manual, which may not help anyways for all I know, here are some questions. If anyone else has any, feel free to use this thread to seek your answers.

1. Which affects ranged weapons skills? Agility or Dexterity? The desc are rather vague.

2. Some spells get a +/- modifier underneath their spot in the quick slot. What's that all about?

3. Please explain these stats from a weapon
Effects: weapon balm +1DP (I understand the balm part, but DP ?)
Damage: 1D+3 (1W+3 with strength 11)
Strength Bonus: 13/5
Weapon Bonus: 0/-2
:help:

4. Do you need the heal wounds skill for every type of healing item besides bandages? (healing balm, would powder etc) I know golmoon is for healing poison and requires that skill.

I'll answer what I can...

The +/- under a spell is the spell power you want to cast it at, I think the limits are controlled by the possible modifier level of the spell. (Some spells mention for ever four ranks, etc)

Attack/Parry bonuses
Strength Bonus: 13/5 - The bonus to attack and parry you get from your strength (my guess)
Weapon Bonus: 0/-2 - The bonus to attack and parry you get from this weapon (in the manual)

In the continued absence of a manual, which may not help anyways for all I know, here are some questions. If anyone else has any, feel free to use this thread to seek your answers.

1. Which affects ranged weapons skills? Agility or Dexterity? The desc are rather vague.

2. Some spells get a +/- modifier underneath their spot in the quick slot. What's that all about?

Effects: weapon balm +1DP (I understand the balm part, but DP ?)
Damage: 1D+3 (1W+3 with strength 11)
Strength Bonus: 13/5
Weapon Bonus: 0/-2
:help:

4. Do you need the heal wounds skill for every type of healing item besides bandages? (healing balm, would powder etc) I know golmoon is for healing poison and requires that skill.

1. Right click on everything for an explanation. The relevant attributes are highlighted.

2. stronger spell, higher cost, maybe longer time needed for casting

3. "DP" could mean "Damage Point". Would make sense. Not sure though.
D = W = D6 = W6 = a 6 sided dice.
1D+3 means one roll with a D6, then add 3. That's identical to a "4-9" description other games use.
Strength bonus:
You get a strength bonus of 1 point for every full 5 points over 13. So 18 would be the first time for a bonus. 11/1 sounds way better. ;)
Weapon bonus: 0/-2
attack bonus / parry bonus
That's a pretty conventional weapon. It has no positive effect, but gives you a 2 point malus on parry.

4. Only one party member needs to have the skill. Put bandages in a quickslot and use it on other chars.

Yes, the system has become quite complex with the 4th edition ...

It's not necessary to understand everything. It's often no problem to try a couple of times.

Agility has no effect on RC(ranged combat value). The deciding attributes are:
Intuition + Dexterity + Strength. Though, while I'm not sure about this last point, if Agility does figure in the formula for determining Encumberance, partucularly in lowering it, then Agility may actually help with your RC... but I'm not sure if it figures in or not.

Keep in mind that you can try out different leveling ideas, since changes only become permanent when you click on the "accept" button. You can even switch from one tab to another and back without accepting the changes.

Agility has no effect on RC(ranged combat value). The deciding attributes are:
Intuition + Dexterity + Strength. Though, while I'm not sure about this last point, if Agility does figure in the formula for determining Encumberance, partucularly in lowering it, then Agility may actually help with your RC... but I'm not sure if it figures in or not.

Encumbrance is determined as followed:

Encumbrance from armour parts
+ 1 point of encumbrance for every 50% over weight capacity
(1 point for exceeding 100% capacity, 2 points for exceeding 150%, 3 points for exceeding 200%, and so on)
- 1 point encumbrance for every level of 'Armor Use'

So the only things you can do for lowering your encumbrance is the 'Armor Use' special ability, using lighter armour or increasing your strength (and thus your carry weight capacity) if you constantly find yourself overencumbered by weight.

The +/- under a spell is the spell power you want to cast it at, I think the limits are controlled by the possible modifier level of the spell. (Some spells mention for ever four ranks, etc)

So you can cast the spell at a higher level probably at the cost of more astral energy? i.e. use less energy on a weak opponent if so decided

4. Only one party member needs to have the skill. Put bandages in a quickslot and use it on other chars.

Thanks, I know that, I was asking if all the various items that can be used to heal require the skill. I'm assuming this must be the case but just want to clarify.

Partly. Healing items like bandages and healing balm work very much like hairpins and lockpicks do for lockpicking. They provide a bonus to heal wounds (bandages provide a +1 bonus, healing balm +4).

Wound powder is different, it's more like a potion that each character uses by themselves.

Basically, every item that provides a bonus to a certain talent requires the user to actually have that talent, even if it's only at 0 points. All other items can be used by anyone.

Back
Top Bottom