Sith Lords Restored Content mod

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO
Some of you may have been following Team Gizka's TSL Restoration Project. I sort of tuned out after Dashus yanked everybody's chain last spring, posting teasers about a major announcement a few weeks in advance, culminating with the announcement of... another teaser trailer, and one made last year at that.

It appears that another group has picked up the gauntlet: a competing restoration mod has been quietly in the works for some time, and they just announced that it will be released Real Soon Now (tm).

Might be worth keeping an eye on. I certainly will.

[ http://www.deadlystream.com/tsl-restored-content-basic-information-t204.html ]
[ http://www.deadlystream.com/tslrcm-faq-t207.html ]

I hope they will actually finish it.
Wouldn't it be better if they joined forces?

I hope they will actually finish it.
Wouldn't it be better if they joined forces?

AFAIK Team Gizka is down to one person who's been AWOL for about five months, so I kiinda doubt the new(er) project could expect much from them. Given how these things work, I think it's also highly likely that attempting to merge the two would be more work than just polishing up both to a very high degree.

But hell yeah, I do hope they'll finish it. If they don't, I'm sure Darth Traya will be somewhere out there, laughing her dry laugh.

Hm, I'm still patiently waiting for Team Gizka's restoration mod... so... ever... patiently...

It is sad how many of these promising mods never get finished ... still waiting for the Dark Forces TC for JKII ... um Jedi Academy ... um ...

Well I wish them luck in completing it. If they do, and I hear enough positive things about it, maybe I'll finally get around to playing KotOR 2.

I think KoTOR II was a lot better than the 1st game but it's just heavily flawed... this restoration could have probably changed the opinion of many who preferred the 1st game.

The 2nd one just feels much deeper... funny enough though, it loses a bit of the "Star Wars" feel from the 1st game but I think that actually works in its favor.

Anyway, hope SOMEONE restores/tweaks the game.

It is sad how many of these promising mods never get finished ... still waiting for the Dark Forces TC for JKII ... um Jedi Academy ... um ...

I waited for that one for years, then I started to wait for DarkXL but that also seems to be frozen in an unfinished stage.

I would like to finish Dark Forces once, but I cannot really handle how outdated that game is right now.

I would like to finish Dark Forces once, but I cannot really handle how outdated that game is right now.

I used to play it every 6 months or so, at least once a year ... but since the Mac version doesn't play on Intel Macs, and the DOS version is 1/2 the resolution and has lower-res sounds ... I'm at once a year now.

I waited for that one for years, then I started to wait for DarkXL but that also seems to be frozen in an unfinished stage.

Found this message from the author in their forums, from July 23rd:
Thanks. I'll be ramping up development again in the next few weeks and finally get the endless build out. Fortunately everyone has been very patient. :)

I *LOVED* Dork Farces... uh, Dark Forces, but I honestly can't imagine replaying it now, except perhaps on my cell phone if that were possible. :p

Found this message from the author in their forums, from July 23rd:

Thanks for the heads up. The most recent build lacks support for alternate fire and it doesn't load levels as it should.

Rosetta provides PowerPC emulation for OSX compatible games ... Dark Forces was built for the 680x0 chip and the 'original' Mac OS. So sadly, while it will run on a PowerPC OS X Mac via the 'Classic' environment (which runs and instance of OS 9), that emulation was killed in the Intel transition.

I actually did a thing about this stuff at GamerDad a while ago.

Okay, thanks. I didn't know that, I'm not that deep into Macs.

Back
Top Bottom