The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

@ Warmark...I noted your character name and will try to send you a guild invite. The guild shops in House K offer better prices on stuff. And we have an airship you can access. Hope we see you in game .

@ Warmark…I noted your character name and will try to send you a guild invite. The guild shops in House K offer better prices on stuff. And we have an airship you can access. Hope we see you in game .

Thanks a lot for the invite CM, saw it this morning when I logged on.
I also saw all the things that came with the guild, sure is a ton more perks than WoW's glorified guild chat.

Don't forget to add the others in the guild on Skype. While most of us are far too high to group with you right now (I have one which can help you out, once you hit level 3), you can still join in and listen to the hilarity of our Friday sessions. I think you can look at out profiles and find the screen names. Just make sure to send some sort of message with the add, telling us who you are on here. Also, if there's a problem, post here. We can figure it out from there.

Welcome. As has been pointed out, it is detrimental to you so far as XP is concerned to group with anyone more than 2 levels above you. Also, for us to do low level quests would negate any XP for you as well. Some have level 5 chars, I think, withmy lowest being level 7. Once you reach level 3, you can group with a 5 with no loss of XP. Once you have one char to level 4, you can, if you wish, buy Vet status which allowd you to begin all future chars at level 4. If any of us can assist you in any way, just ask here or in game if you see us there. Check the 'Last On' tab in the Guild listings to see quickly who's online and where they are. You can then send them a guild message or a Tell.

Thanks for the welcome and all the info folks.

I'm in no hurry with this first character as I'm still learning all the basics as there is a lot to this game even with knowing the D&D rules. Like when I hired a henchman in a dungeon and tried to hurry because I saw his time running low and not quite making it but he still hung around to my relief lol.
It plays like a cross between LotRO and Guild Wars with a D&D flavor, and having played those two for a long time that's a complement.

It will be good to have some reliable people just to ask noob questions without getting slammed :)

Info on henchies:

That clock only controls when you can summon them--they don't disappear when the timer runs out. I've had a healer henchie with me for a couple hours after his timer ran out in the past. As long as you don't go back to town (stay in dungeons or outdoor adventure areas), the henchie stays with you. In fact, the real gunners will cut short a slayer run (outdoor area) while the henchie has a couple minutes left, go back to town and patch up early even though it wasn't technically necessary, and then go back out for another hour or more so that the henchie can still be summoned.

I had the same misunderstanding as you, so don't feel bad. It was a long time before I'd use them anyway (stubborn, I is) so it took a bit to grasp the mechanics, which seem a little strange to me anyway.

I shopped the auction house like a woman buying purses, so I now have the following items to offer, free to a good home. Lacking adoption, they'll be euthanized on Friday.
gloves- +4 DEX, +3 disable
bracers- +4 STR, +3 heal
belt- +5 CON
belt- +4 CON, lesser false life

I would like to claim the dex gloves or the con belt...either depending on what restrictions may apply. I have not been in game or online much this past week. RL can grab up all your strenght sometimes.

Glad I did the name right Warmark. And a note on sending messages in guild chat. It seems if you are like me and forget to mark general chat to accept guild chat you can miss them as the default when you transition is to general chat. So in other words if I have missed someone saying hi I apoligize and just kick me in the.....send a tell....... if you don't get an answer. lol

Only restrictions will be on level. I think most of those items are level 11, but I'll check tonight or tomorrow.

edit- all 4 items are level 11

Last edited:
I haven't played all week either, but I'll definitely be there for our usual game. So much is happening in RL these days, who has time to play games!! :)

I will gladly take the items Dte, but will make sure one of mine can use first. (Not claiming all btw.) Have a nice visit Peter, we will see you next week. Then I am guessing we will be taking a break the next week or two? We discussed it but did we decide anything? We can chat that one tonight.

Chances are good I'll be available all 3 Fridays (starting tonight), but I'm figuring the group will be MIA next week (Xmas Eve) and probably significantly shorthanded if not MIA the following one (New Year's Eve).

We gonna run lower level alts this week since we don't have to keep pace with Captain Seventeens? ;) Here's my up-to-date roster if we want to consider that option and coordinate the party ahead of time:
lvl 5 healbot
lvl 9 dwarven axe fighter
lvl 13 two weapon melee ranger
lvl 15 barby

We could run the Lordsmarch Plaza series with a crew around level 10, perhaps? I don't think any of us have run that series to death yet.

I won't be available Christmas Eve (which is Christmas day here), but could be the following week. I'd like to run either my 7 rogue or 8 bard this week if possible.

I will have a quasi-vacation Christmas week, so I'll be available for play, New Years I'll just have to see.

I've almost got Wiindsong to 5, Murii is now 7. Mirys is closer to 11 now as well. But pugging today has been non-existent.

I usually have family here on Xmass Eve and New Years Eve. Should that change I will play, but don't wait for me.

We did get a good bit of xp for our lower levels Friday. I got a level out of that run. And I do mean a whole level. hehe

Please note that Update 8 is now available and it does take some time to download and install, so please try to get it before game time this week.

Chronoscope:

I finally gave up on finding a level-appropriate team, and just did a favor/loot run of Chronoscope. It. Is. Fun.

However, it is tough too. We had a level 20 die twice. You're fighting mostly abashai and other devils, which have high DR, and higher hit points. They do 20-30 points per hit (thankfully I never got to see a critical), and attack rapidly. The abashai actually fly around, making them hard to hit. Even the weakest enemies, the tieflings which abound throughout, are pretty tough.

Practically everything is fire immune too, though cold works fairly well. I relied on Carnifex though, as it's near-constant critical hits broke through even the high DR of the Devils, and wiped out the tieflings. Considering we had mostly level 14-20, with 3 level 20's, I managed to hit mid pack in kills, and kept myself and anyone near me up with mass cures, so I think I did well.

Loot is nice for the level, I got a staff with a ML of 4, +4 DEX, +1 Dodge bonus to AC, Silver, +2 enhancement. This is why we need to run raids; the loot there is worlds better than what we can pull in normal quests, and so is the xp. Had we raided as we leveled up, running VoN and DQ and the like, we'd been well past having capped our characters. We'd probably be halfway through a second life right now.

I also got a trinket which lets me use two Korthos sets at once. It basically takes the place of one item from each set. Since the sets all go on goggles, necklace, boots, or glove slots, you could theoretically, get 4 of the sets on at the same time.

There is also a nice Flaming Burst Repeating Light Crossbow you can pull in there, I pulled it in the end rewards, and two people pulled it in chests.

As a level 6 raid, we probably can run this on our high levels without any puggers, but the benefits will be restricted to favor. I can't even find a group running it at level, so I gave up on a pure pug. It has a reputation for being impossible, though it's probably just because there's a lot of high DR foes in there, and most newer players don't know about DR breakers, or even have any.

Got 15 Coin Lord's favor out of it.

All in all, I'd say that it made the Devil Assault pack worth buying, if you run it at level or close to it. Running it at high levels, you're basically setting up to run on epic for the epic versions of the named loot.

Attention of squishie hocus-pocus types! Just so you don't miss it, SP potions will be 50% off on Sunday. The rest of the week's deals are pretty uninteresting.

I finally got a PC that will not slow down, so… how do I join? :)
I'm starting DDO for the first time in a long time now…!

…Execpt that I'm still having problems with my account. It's saying that it doesn't have an active account and on the website it's asking for a product key? WTF? I never needed that before. But I sent an e-mail to support.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom