WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
I'm not a fan either and I'm not sure I'll use him beyond his companion quests. But I do want to do those, so I figure I may as well make him halfway useful.
Eldritch Scion would be another option, one of the Magus subclasses. Uses Charisma for spellcasting, with access to Sorcerer bloodlines. Recommended main stats are CHA and DEX. Don't know it that would fit his personality though, as I haven't met him yet. Give him a fancy rapier maybe? Eldritch Scions don't need to read or train, their abilities come to them. Sounds like a Chuck Norris joke. Might fit. *Shrugs*

Eldritch Scion would be another option, one of the Magus subclasses. Uses Charisma for spellcasting, with access to Sorcerer bloodlines. Recommended main stats are CHA and DEX. Don't know it that would fit his personality though, as I haven't met him yet. Give him a fancy rapier maybe? Eldritch Scions don't need to read or train, their abilities come to them. Sounds like a Chuck Norris joke. Might fit. *Shrugs*

Thanks, I'll check that out. A fancy rapier definitely fits. He's the "you have offended my honor and we shall duel at dawn" type.

There is another cheesy apliance of this spell but I am not sure if this is intended.
Then again a certain area (tree and druids puzzle) negates it's effect thus I believe devs did allow such use, then again I don't trust betatesters.
Doors locked and you can't find a key or something else to unlock those anywhere on the map? Worry not.

Mass dimension door is very useful indeed - a must have imo.

Regarding the spoiler:

Did you talk to Treant? If he didn't let you in, thats means the quest shouldn't available till chapter 5. Its just an area with rather annoying puzzle - but if you force your way past it using dimension door and solve the puzzle, I think you will miss out on exp

He's already practically a cleric (Oracle) and Sosei is a cleric.

I'm not picky. I just want him to multiclass into something that would make him not completely redundant in a party in which my PC is an Oracle.

I personally found Daeran far more useful than Sosiel due to him being a life oracle - he gets some cool perks as he level up.

You can give him some sorcerer level and turn him into Mystic Theurge. With mythic abilities like abundant casting (you get more spells per day) I think it will be fun - I plan on being oracle/sorc/MT myself in my 4th run.

I absolutely adore Daeran - romanceacle characters have far better character development when you romance them. I'm even thinking about romancing Wendu at some point because I keep hearing her development is excellent if you romance her.

There is one companion I decided to put on the side because I haven't figured how to make use of her. It's Ember. As a witch, she lacks the punch of Nenio and she is more fragile and not nearly as good as a healer as Sosiel. She fits well with my goody goody knight-cavalier but so does Sosiel.

Ember's hexes are great! She will pick up more hexes as you level up and she will become quite strong supporter. She requires a bit more management though.

Thanks, I'll check that out. A fancy rapier definitely fits. He's the "you have offended my honor and we shall duel at dawn" type.

Oh that is interesting, cool how people view people differently.

To me he doesn't care much about his honor., even if he has a big ego. His main drive seems to be about being entertained and experiencing pleasures in life. I could see him pretending to feel insulted and arranging a duel only to not show up and instead pull an elaborate joke that would instead humiliate the person and then it would be more about the entertainment of doing it, and perhaps sharing it with his various admirers, then any actual affront to his honor.

The more you talk to him, and I romanced him a little so got to know him pretty good, you learn about some of the things he did in the past and more about his personality. I feel like he see's life more as a big game with the goal of entertaining him. Parties, pranks, schemes, all things done for the entertainment and amusement value. Duels, to me anyhow, wouldn't fit into that I don't think.

The more you talk to him, and I romanced him a little so got to know him pretty good, you learn about some of the things he did in the past and more about his personality. I feel like he see's life more as a big game with the goal of entertaining him. Parties, pranks, schemes, all things done for the entertainment and amusement value. Duels, to me anyhow, wouldn't fit into that I don't think.

Did you romance him past chapter3? His romance shows another side of him in chapter4 and takes very.... interesting turn in chapter5 - I was quite shocked at some out the outcomes.

But I agree rapier suits him - I gave Dae crossbow as a main weapon + rapier as a secondary weapon.

I only had a chance to romance Sosiel in Beta. I haven't decided who I will romance in the official. Lobo won't romance anyone, he isn't the relationship type. One of my others might romance Daeran though so will see then :)

I found him very useful in battle myself.

Romances are not great in Wrath of the Righteous. I have no interest in male companionship and the female options are no better. Think I'll romance the Queen.

Oh that is interesting, cool how people view people differently.

To me he doesn't care much about his honor., even if he has a big ego.

I think we actually view him much the same way. By "honor" I don't mean anything you or I or Seelah would actually consider honorable. I mean more like Tim Roth in Rob Roy "honor". Insulted by a peon (which is almost everyone) so the peon must pay, that sort of thing. But you're probably right in that he couldn't be bothered to actually show up to a duel.

Another thing I noticed is there is no easy way to disband armies you don't need. Even trying to combine them into one army with the buttons is a literal pain the ass.:(

Romances are not great in Wrath of the Righteous. I have no interest in male companionship and the female options are no better. Think I'll romance the Queen.

I only romanced Lann and Daeran - I found Lann romance very disappointing but I thoroughly enjoyed Daeran romance :)

Ugh, I dislike Galfrey so much, I'd rather be alone than romance her.

I didn't find that to be hard. Just click the little arrow in the direction you want the troops to move.
Doesn't always work for me and still no disband option is offered.
I only romanced Lann and Daeran - I found Lann romance very disappointing but I thoroughly enjoyed Daeran romance :)

Ugh, I dislike Galfrey so much, I'd rather be alone than romance her.
She's still better then Evil/Camellia or that Succubus Arueshalae. Anyway romances weren't great in Kingmaker either. I choose Valerie or that Nymph in the secret ending.

Anyway I read Wenduag is romanceable but she's another evil character.

Is it possible that you're at your unit cap? It's 3 to start with until you get a general with perks that increase it.

I don't know why you'd want to disband an army and waste troops.
I already have four large armies with four to five units numbering in the hundreds each already. Most of the single units left are scripted conscripts from quests/events.

Doesn't always work for me and still no disband option is offered.

She's still better then Evil/Camellia or that Succubus Arueshalae. Anyway romances weren't great in Kingmaker either. I choose Valerie or that Nymph in the secret ending.

Anyway I read Wenduag is romanceable but she's another evil character.

I don't think companion alignment should be just taken as a face value - Lann is LN and Dae is NE so if I go by alignment alone, I shouldn't enjoy Dae romance (because I prefer "good" characters) but I love it a lot. My fav companions are mix of good and bad - Aivu (CG), Regill (LE), Daeran (NE) and Ember (NG).

I haven't tried romance with Arueshalae, Camellia and Wendu but it seems like people enjoy all 3 for different reasons:

Cam is a real nutjob so I think some people enjoy her romance for seeing how crazy she can go. Wendu romance is apparently very satisfying, as she has very good character development, not neccessarily matching evil main char only. Arue is well... pretty saccubus so there's that.

You can also:
corrupt Arueshalae back to evil, so there's something different too

Yet despite all that none of them interest me. Was it to hard to write a vanilla crusader to romance like Seelah. She would make a perfect paring with my angel/aeon crusader.

Owlcat instead went with strange and weird apparently.:-/

Yet despite al that none of them interest me. Was it to hard to write a vanilla crusader to romance like Seelah. She would make a perfect paring with my angel crusader.

I don't think they allow romance with iconic character like Seelah and Amiri for a lore reason :)

I don't think they allow romance with iconic character like Seelah and Amiri for a lore reason :)
Probably and it's disappointing but they could of wrote another good aligned female romance. Maybe a fallen angel or Aasimar companion would of worked as well.

I have to say though I'm dissatisfied with the choices. :(

Now I don't play RPG's for the romances but in some games they're a good bonus. If they're going to be put in, you'd think they'd manage to offer more palatable choices.

1. Wenduag an evil canibal.
  2. Camelia not an option that makes sense for a good character.
  3. Arueshalae is a succubus.
  4. Queen Galfrey is not a companion, so it feels really lacking.
Those are just the romance options for a hetero male MC.

Back
Top Bottom