Final Fantasy XVI - Main Scenario Is Complete

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Naoki Yoshida gave an update of the game's development at TKS2021, reports TheGamer.

Yoshida Says Final Fantasy 16's Main Scenario Is Complete

A talk between Sakaguchi and Yoshida at Tokyo Game Show has revealed that Final Fantasy 16's main scenario is complete.

Tokyo Game Show just wrapped up and although Final Fantasy 16 didn't end up making any kind of gameplay appearance, Yoshida provided some updates on how the game's development is progressing in a talk with Sakaguchi titled, "The Appeal and Potential of RPG - Hironobu Sakaguchi and Naoki Yoshida".

[...]
Here is the link to the talk (starts at 10'40").

Famitsu Presents: The Appeal and Potential of RPG - Hironobu Sakaguchi and Naoki Yoshida

We are excited to have a special dialogue between Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of the "Final Fantasy" series and the creator of highly acclaimed "Fantasian, " his latest title, and Naoki Yoshida, the producer/director of "Final Fantasy XIV" as well as the producer of "Final Fantasy XVI, " the latest title in the series. They will discuss the appeal and the possibilities of RPG to their heart's content.

More information.

I remember watching the demo presentation from last year and it did mention a PC release, but as usual it will be a Sony exclusive for a few years first. Bummer as they say.

They still haven't released the Final Fantasy Remake Part one on the pc yet either.:(

FF7 remake will most probably go on PC when completed (three parts).
FF15 went on PC as a complete edition with all DLC, that's why I belive FF7 on PC will be something similar.

FF7 remake will most probably go on PC when completed (three parts).
FF15 went on PC as a complete edition with all DLC, that's why I belive FF7 on PC will be something similar.
FF16 has not been released yet that was the game talked about in the news-bit. As for the FF7 Remake they haven't even released part two yet. So it will be a long wait.

Square seems to take forever nowadays to release games that aren't remasters.

I haven't played a FF in sooo long. Are they worth playing these days? Last one I played was FF9 which I thought was average at best. I think it was over 15 years ago. I played 7 and 8 when they first came out on PC and enjoyed 7 and 8 was okayish. I am a hardcore PC gamer and prefer western style crpg but still interested to know if it is worth playing and if so which one?

I haven't played a FF in sooo long. Are they worth playing these days? Last one I played was FF9 which I thought was average at best. I think it was over 15 years ago. I played 7 and 8 when they first came out on PC and enjoyed 7 and 8 was okayish. I am a hardcore PC gamer and prefer western style crpg but still interested to know if it is worth playing and if so which one?

7 and 15 are both really great games in terms of story. To me at least 7 is once in a life time experience. 15 is also great, but in a different way. The rest? not so much. 10 was Ok in terms of story. The rest are meh at best.

Imo, there hasn't been a really good single-player FF since 7, and even that one has aged poorly. I don't think FF 12 is bad though, and it has a little more of a western feel to it compared to the others.

As for FF 16, I'm not seeing anything that interests me so far. I'd much rather have FF 7 Remake on PC.

I enjoyed VI most, followed by IV and X. I think VII was commercial trash carried by (at the time) cool graphics, and an antagonist that was infinitely more interesting and charismatic than the insufferable protagonist. Its only accomplishment was bringing the franchise to the western mainstream.

Played some XV, but couldn't get into it.

I've played them all up to twelve, yet thoroughly avoid any that have any online components or such nonsense. The ones I've played have all been worthy games, some a tad more than others, with the first six or so being the best of the bunch, imo. I'm fairly leery of any of the new Final Fantasy stuff these days, I let my son test them out for me and he lets me know if they are something I'd care for. I'll likely take that route with this one as well.

I loved FF 7 Remake, released last April. I'd play that. It has much of what made the best of the FF games appealing while being in some important ways more modern.

Edit: I realize now that this advice is useless because you're only playing on PC… I think all of the other games will likely feel dated. FF9 is one of the most popular ones, and you didn't care for it. My personal favorites are VI, IX, X and XII, but that's based on how I felt at the time, not on how I would feel about them today.

I'd probably go for X. I think it would hold up better than some of the others.

10 was pretty good. It had a real lean part where it falls into a weak, teen-age romance story (including the infamous laughing scene) but then things get serious and I start enjoying the game. Quite a few folks like the underwater soccer thing, though I never did.

I still haven't played X-2. Seeing Yuna as a rock star makes me really dubious.

12 has some interesting stuff. The battle system's program-the-AI thing was fun! I bailed on it because of the grinding and because I couldn't tell one bad guy from the other (take your helmets off, for pity's sake!). It sounds like they did a lot with the game since I played it, so it might be good now.

16? Eh. I won't get to play it for a very long time so whatever.

Played FF7 remake and finished it in one breath. Big surprise for me how good it was and I enjoyed literally every minute. Played and finished FFXV. Its relatively long game, so the fact I finished it says something by itself. But it was flawed in many ways and I didnt enjoy it nearly as FF7. After these industrial fantasy experiences Im all up for medieval setting of FFVI. Looking forward to it.

After these industrial fantasy experiences Im all up for medieval setting of FFVI. Looking forward to it.

I hate to inform you, but FF VI isn't really medieval either. It does have some medieval elements, but it's a blend of that and industrial/steampunk.

I hate to inform you, but FF VI isn't really medieval either. It does have some medieval elements, but it's a blend of that and industrial/steampunk.

Yea, FF is always mix of something I guess. Will wait and see how it comes up. Anyway, I wasnt disappointed by latest FF games, so Im carefully optimistic :)

Zloth, I actually don't recall having to do any excessive grinding for the twelfth game, though I freely admit it's been almost four years since I last played, so I could have forgotten a bit here and there.

Zloth, I actually don't recall having to do any excessive grinding for the twelfth game, though I freely admit it's been almost four years since I last played, so I could have forgotten a bit here and there.

There's a massive amount of grinding to be had in FFXII. Myself, I outsourced it to my girlfriend. She was too shy to play while other people were watching, so she would watch me play the majority of the game, but when I was at work she'd spend hours grinding to finish jobs, fill in the bestiary and buy Elixirs. I find the sort of thing mind numbing, but she loved it.

Apart from the airships, I'd say the first 5 games were mostly high fantasy. The series didn't really veer away from that until VI, and then it never went back except for FF 9 to an extent.

Ok, so let me be clearer, then: I had no need to grind for Final Fantasy twelve. Then again, I tend not to care about so-called "achievements", whatever those might be. I'm simply exploring the world, focusing on finding what treasure I can and laying waste to any nasties along the way.

Back
Top Bottom