Lets see those beloved pets.

Last edited:
Haha, well at least the cat will love him ;) To be honest it's not a pet i would recommend to anyone, they're intelligent as hell which also means they're extremely demanding. Not comparable to a dog or a cat in any sense, a small kid is a better comparison, only this "kid" never matures.

I also always wanted one of those, but yes they are smart as hell and requires you to be home a lot! Otherwise they might start making high noises or pluck of their feathers or other such a things. It could become a 80 years commitment….

Edit: Only owned budgies so far...

Last edited:
I finally just stopped buying her toys and go to costco once a month and buy a pack of tube socks. Give her one every couple of days. Much cheaper.

Do you have these leather things there ? Wouldn't that be a good thing ?
Type in "google images" the term "Kauknochen" and you'll see what i mean.

We once had a dog, too.
But that's really long ago. I don't have any photos available here.

It's a cat. She's called "Ruscë". Got her from a local animal welfare organization.

What a beautiful cat ! :)

I also always wanted one of those, but yes they are smart as hell and requires you to be home a lot! Otherwise they might start making high noises or pluck of their feathers or other such a things. It could become a 80 years commitment….

Edit: Only owned budgies so far…

Yes they can get as old as a person, @ 20 he's still young.

But yes they can truly be a nightmare, people often doesnt realize how much of a commitment it is and sells them after a few years, which can be very devestating to the bird.

African Greys are superior with words, he knows maybe around 100, many which he can use in a intelligent way to express himself. It's as loveable as it is annoying.

I recently lost one of my Shepherds, Wolfgar, over the summer. House was a little quiet and my older Shepherd, Glacier was also mopey, so I just got a new puppy whom I have named Grimwolf, or Little Grim for short.

In order: Grimwolf, Grimwolf and Glacier, Me and Grimwolf, Me and Glacier, and the last is the last shot I took of me and my old buddy Wolfgar.

Attachments

• grim.jpg
    grim.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 79
  • grim_glacier.jpg
    grim_glacier.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 76
  • puppy.jpg
    puppy.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 75
  • jon_fbc1.jpg
    jon_fbc1.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 75
  • me_snoops.jpg
    me_snoops.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 71
I bet his dogs would run away in fear if they saw Buster. ;)

First two pics are after a recent haircut. The last pic is him doing his best Ewok impression. I used to let his fur grow out in the winter when we lived in Michigan.

Attachments

• 20120925_211853.jpg
    20120925_211853.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20120610_021305.jpg
    20120610_021305.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20120716_225304.jpg
    20120716_225304.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20120412_013822.jpg
    20120412_013822.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 25
What a cute dog ! :)

Here is my dog Spirit. She died recently from bladder cancer. :'(

She was getting a bath and wasn't very happy about it.

Attachments

• 388951_10151420633034488_405726183_n.jpg
    388951_10151420633034488_405726183_n.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Desktop Background.jpg
    Desktop Background.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 20
Haha, well at least the cat will love him ;) .
Reminds me of an old test to see if your dog or your wife loves you more:

Take both of them, lock them in the trunk of a car for an hour. Which one is happy to see you at the end? :)

Do you have these leather things there ? Wouldn't that be a good thing ?
Type in "google images" the term "Kauknochen" and you'll see what i mean.

Thanks! That looks similar to a Nylabone. We got one of those for her, but she had no interest in it for the longest time. I guess when I finally stopped buying her toys, she decided it was better than nothing and chews on it all the time now. She's done it some damage, but its lasting.

I also go down to the local butcher shop about once every 6 weeks and get a beef femur cut up for her. Get about 10 individual bones out of it. Each one of those will last her about half a week.

I recently lost one of my Shepherds, Wolfgar, over the summer. House was a little quiet and my older Shepherd, Glacier was also mopey, so I just got a new puppy whom I have named Grimwolf, or Little Grim for short.

In order: Grimwolf, Grimwolf and Glacier, Me and Grimwolf, Me and Glacier, and the last is the last shot I took of me and my old buddy Wolfgar.

Those are some good looking dogs. My brother lost his shepard last spring. Poor guy was only 8, but he had a pretty good life.

Reminds me of an old test to see if your dog or your wife loves you more:

Take both of them, lock them in the trunk of a car for an hour. Which one is happy to see you at the end? :)

haha, good one :)

Thanks! That looks similar to a Nylabone. We got one of those for her, but she had no interest in it for the longest time. I guess when I finally stopped buying her toys, she decided it was better than nothing and chews on it all the time now. She's done it some damage, but its lasting.

I also go down to the local butcher shop about once every 6 weeks and get a beef femur cut up for her. Get about 10 individual bones out of it. Each one of those will last her about half a week.

I started getting Elk Antlers. They naturally shed from the animals so they don't have to be harmed and all natural.

http://www.elkantlerdogchews.com/

So far the new puppy and the older dog really love them. You can get ones split with more access to marrow. They sometimes tussle over them. I like that they have no mess, good for teeth, have a variety of nutrients that are good for dogs, and they don't splinter or smell.

The antlers sound interesting. The bones are hit and miss with the splinter. When they are fresh, the bones are pliable enough that they don't, but if they get left out for a while, we sometimes find chips about.

Fairly unrelated ... but I just picked up Dawnguard and also found this mod for Meeko the War Dog who is based on a GSD.

23761-2-1346981605.jpg

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23761

One of the few mods I think I will enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom