RPG's with best humor?

Skyrim... the entire game is a joke :D

On a more serious note +1 to Anachronox, it is a great RPG and a very funny one at that.

If you like more silly humour try Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch , very silly, but also funny, especially if you know many JRPG's as it makes fun of a lot of those.

TES has humor.
Patiently waiting for JDR comment…

If you like more silly humour try Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch
Don't try it, in fact refuse to buy that game! It's a grindfest annoyance. Such a shame because the humor does feel promising early, but grinding kills the game fast.

Steven Heck springs to mind, even though Alpha Protocol isn't exactly filled with humor.

Bards Tale (2004) was ok but i really liked Divine Dinvity and DKS humour. D:OS was a bit corney and too much. Would love to see Divine Divinity translated into D:OS engine.

The early divinity games did have good humor. Of course, they were also much better games than D:OS imo.

If I'm allowed to mention a JRPG that was released on PC, Trails in the Sky and Trails in the Sky: SC. Other games in the series lack humor, but these two were great at it. I laughed a lot! The protagonist has a good sense of humor and often demonstrates it, and in general many situations were set up to be funny. It's normal humor, too, not 'so ridiculous that it's funny', which is a plus in my book.

I see a previous poster has beat me to the punch about the guards in Thief 3 .... also can't help but mentioning that Morte was an absolute hoot in Planetescape:Tormentor

Yeah, there are a few good laughs in the Grotesque series.

Must not let that Cliff Racer song get stuck in my head... must NOT!!

flyyyyyyyyy Gorram it!!

I can't hear the term cliff racer without thinking..

tumblr_static_65az42omna4gkkow4wo444wc8.jpg

Humor is very, very hard to do in games though. Especially in RPGs where you lose all sense of context. I agree that all of the Fallouts have some funny moments though. I enjoyed the Grandma/Jimmy moments from FNV.

Of course, this is just my opinion as always.

The guy with the theoretical degree in Physics at Helios One was hilarious. And the whole Old World Blues expansion.

Fallout 3 had the republic of Dave.

wasteland, fallout 1-2, bards tale, wizardry 8 (she was a bony lass!)

The guy with the theoretical degree in Physics at Helios One was hilarious. And the whole Old World Blues expansion.

Fallout 3 had the republic of Dave.
That's DLC. Never forget that per lead designer's decision, looney material in the game itself had to be unlocked through specific gamestarting trait, otherwise no dice.

That's DLC. Never forget that per lead designer's decision, looney material in the game itself had to be unlocked through specific gamestarting trait, otherwise no dice.

Only Old World Blues. The other stuffs I mentioned are in the vanilla versions. New Vegas had plenty of the kind of silliness that I enjoy with characters like Deputy Beagle, or the quest conclusion where you frame a certain bigshot so that the Securitrons deal with him.

Armed & Dangerous had its moments but it isn't an RPG.

Saints Row 3 is kinda RPG'ish (you build up your character and get quests) and has tons of humor. It's rated PEGI 37, though, so a lot of people here better not be playing it. ;)

Yeah, there are a few good laughs in the Grotesque series.

Yeah, that's the one which came to my mind as well.
The first Gotesque Tactics was quite cool and funny (at least in German, it's original language, as far as I know the english one isn't fully voiced).

The Jagged Alliance series also has a great humor now and then, theough it's not a comedic game. But hey, you can send flowers to your nemesis, find an old acquaintance driving around in a icevan and have lots of cool comments and freaky characters.

Also loved the dialoges in Two Worlds 2 (in this case the english version was funnier than the german, as the voice acting of the protagonist was better and more entertaining):

Back
Top Bottom