Legends of Enchantment - New Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Microprose veteran Stewart Bell has started a Kickstarter campaign for the RPG Legends of Enchantment:

Legends Of Enchantment

A young shepherd seeking shelter from a storm wandered deep into a mountain's cave system. He discovered the most exquisite gems and returned home with them. They sold for huge amounts of gold and news travelled far and wide of his good fortune. Soon others began to search for these gems and like the Shepherd sold them to the highest bidder. Then the gems began to hatch.

Hundreds of years ago dragons were worshipped by those who practised magic. Their offerings and sacrifices kept the dragons wrath from the humans. When the dragons began their 500 year hibernation those without magical power turned on those gifted with it. They were driven into hiding, and those caught practicing magic were executed. With their hibernation coming to an end, hell will have no fury like dragons that awake to find their babies gone.

You will need to search out those who still understand magic and persuade them to join with you to return the young dragons before the wrath of the dragons destroys your world.

Legends of Enchantment brings together the very best of fantasy RPG and Action adventure games. It is set in a world of magic, knights, dragon, and good versus evil.

• Chose to journey alone, build a team or play alongside your friends online.
  • Each mode is adapted to make the most of the way you chose to play.
  • As a player you can learn to use magic, fight like King Arthur and soar through the air on a dragon.
  • You will be able to craft to create an array of objects to help you on your journey.
  • You will meet characters and creatures and interact with them; some may help you, some may not.
  • Chose from an array of weaponry and magic spells.
  • Play Co-op, PVP, or Single Player Story Mode.
Thank you for the info, Hurls!

More information.

Don't know how any of the non-single player stuff would pan out honestly---somehow gives me an old Gothic vibe, but not quite just so.

Play Co-op, PVP...
So... Electronic Arts, Warner and Konami went Kickstarter.

Wow, this looks bad! Bad graphics and animations. Super unimaginative name. MMO crap.
I'm out.

From the KS testimonial: Legends of Enchanted is shaping up to be an AAA game.
LOL

I was hoping it was a sequel to Legends of Eisenwald. Alas, it is not so.

Reminds me of a more cartoonish original Fable.

Oh wow, they have that "stylized" art, just wonderful! (sarcasm)

But seriously, that art style and graphics are just super ugly...are they trying to make the ugliest game possible? I only ask because apparently, a few people like that style, it's often called "Modern Art" :biggrin: (usually enjoyed by pseudo-intellectual hipster types)

As if the key words, "co-op" and "pvp" weren't more than enough to put this on my "must avoid" list.

The campaign seems to be dead before it has lived.

Not even sure what's going on at 1:20 into the pitch video, swinging at fire with a sword? Then the gratuitious 360 degree spin at 1:25 :lol:

You all mostly seem to focus on graphics. I think the graphics are ok if the rest of the game is good. The problem I have is that they promise 'fantastic gameply' but then present garbage. It like unsung story and a dozen others. Trust us we know what we are doing but we aren't gonna tell you what we will do ...... it might be a fantastic game but the presentation is pure garbage and until they fix that i'll not touch this poison.

I don't care about graphics that much, but if you're going to put it into your pitch video as a selling point, then the graphics need to at least be respectable...

Yikes, that footage and presentation is so feeble I actually feel kind of bad for them.

Yep, that's “Fremdschämen“.

German has great words for everything.

The fire spell effects and animations in general need a ton of work. But I don’t have an issue with it’s style

You all mostly seem to focus on graphics. I think the graphics are ok if the rest of the game is good. The problem I have is that they promise 'fantastic gameply' but then present garbage.

I also don't care about graphics. As always gameplay is king. Although, here it just adds up to a really bad presentation which doesn't bode well for the whole project.

The KS seems to fail spectaculary (21 supporters as of this typing). People were burnt too many times already so you have to come up with something better than a generic MMO fantasy clone.

Thx don't even post a single update. Is it a hoax?

Back
Top Bottom