|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » X-Com 2, War of the Chosen

Default X-Com 2, War of the Chosen

February 23rd, 2018, 00:51
This is my first time playing X-Com 2 (played the original), and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the multilayered mechanics of the game. Does anyone have a good guide handy for this game? I'm about to restart since I felt I was already screwing up pretty badly 8 missions into my prior playthrough.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2018, 08:02
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
This is my first time playing X-Com 2 (played the original), and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the multilayered mechanics of the game. Does anyone have a good guide handy for this game? I'm about to restart since I felt I was already screwing up pretty badly 8 missions into my prior playthrough.
I would recommend turning all DLC off and playing on easiest mode first if you're having difficulty. Do not install mods unless they're just quality of life mods either.

The vanilla game is fun on its own and a good experience. The DLC all add tons of options and make it harder to understand the base game. They are fun, but not if you are struggling.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

February 23rd, 2018, 16:54
Take your time, and proceed carefully, at least in the missions where time isn't a factor. For the most part, you can lure out the opposition and often catch them in cross fire situations. I've not played the expansion yet, but the base game seemed quite easy to me.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

February 24th, 2018, 13:59
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Simcopters1 is the streamer to follow. His streamers are methodical : he breaks down gameplay mechanics for his viewers to ingest.
They are also interactive, meaning that he answers questions.

A good fit for players who struggle with basic gameplay.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » X-Com 2, War of the Chosen