Tower of Time - Releasing Soon

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Tower of Time is releasing soon and so now is the time to purchase before the price goes up.

2 Days left
10 APRIL - EVENT HORIZON

Dear Players,

The Big Day is approaching fast. Only 2 days left before we open the portals to the mythical world of Artara, full of dangers and secrets.

Tower of Time will release as planned on 12th April around 12 CET. Retail price will be 20.99 EUR / 21.99 USD.

We will release English version on Windows. Linux should follow very shortly (within 1-2 days).

We are finishing localization to German and Polish but we need a bit more time to ensure the quality is as high as possible. We hope you will enjoy our ambitious attempt to bring something fresh to RPG and mix it with deep tactical combat.

Cheers,
Event Horizon team
More information.

That is a sure buy (once out on Linux).

Looks really good. This 'arrow-time combat system', is it RTwP or what? I could not really discern from the videos...

Well, Steam page says:
" An unique mix of story-rich dungeon crawler with incredibly rewarding real-time combat (pause or slow time)."

So, yes, real-time combat.

Played for about 25 hrs before the last update. It's a beautiful, fun game. Lots of exploration, cool battle system and some nice riddles.

I have to say, though, that enemies was way too repetitive. New fighting modes made the battle system a lot better, but still I was fighting certain "groups" and there was only 2-3 groups (l.e. orcs, undead) on each level. Since all the groups consisted of almost the same types of enemies and you play around 20 fights at each level, I was kind of bored after half of them...

I also found boss fights badly balanced. Some were extremely easy, some were tough as hell.

Oh, and worth to note, the game was almost bug-free. I found some minor issues, but nothing game-breaking. I've never seen a game in such a good shape a few months before the release. Hopefully they didn't mess anything in the meantime. :)

Looking forward to play the full version after clearing my backlog a little bit.

I picked it up to look at. There are so few games that I'm even mildly interested in, so I may not be playing crpgs much longer. I vastly prefer the first-person, single-player, single-character games and these aren't made much anymore. Even when they are it isn't in the medieval fantasy genre that I like. I can play first-person party games, but I never finish them. Once VR evolves that might bring back this genre.

If this were turn based I'd buy it right now and add it to be played later, but at this point I'll just wait and see first what others think of it.

Yeah, I'm not sure how tactical and real-time will work out, but for $17 I'll check it out.

I picked it up to look at. There are so few games that I'm even mildly interested in, so I may not be playing crpgs much longer. I vastly prefer the first-person, single-player, single-character games and these aren't made much anymore. Even when they are it isn't in the medieval fantasy genre that I like. I can play first-person party games, but I never finish them. Once VR evolves that might bring back this genre.

It's okay, you can play the ones you like for 10,000 hours each it seems, so you should be fine with one every few years :p

Ooh, good idea for a topic.

On topic, I started the game and it is your typical dungeon climb. An inverted tower has been buried and you need to find a foozle at the bottom/top. This foozle will allow you to judge the hero/villain from another time. I haven't found anything at all special about this game, but I haven't found anything broken either. You don't get to create anyone. You're playing a story. Combat is pause or really slow time and the battlefields are laid out accordingly. Again, nothing special, but nothing horrible either. You start with a tank and a fire archer. I assume you get other people later.

Last edited:
Ooh, good idea for a topic.
You start with a tank and a fire archer. I assume you get other people later.
As far as I remember new characters are introduced after completing levels.

Back
Top Bottom