D-Fend Reloaded Problems?

Role-Player

Sentinel
I've been out of the loop for a while, and when I come back, D-Fend - a graphical frontend for DosBox - was discontinued. It seems someone else picked up where the project left off and created D-Fend Reloaded. Since I had three old games casually lying around that I really wanted to try out - Die Hard Trilogy, Hexplore and Raptor: Call of the Shadows - I proceed to download the new version and configure the games.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to make them run. I know old age and senility go hand in hand, and that I'm not always the best pickle in the jar, but I can't seem to, no matter what config options I try, to start any game. DosBox is launched through the frontend and immediately quits. I remember not having any problem whatsoever with D-Fend, so either I've forgotten what I knew about it or there's something weird here.

I point to where the game *.exes are, generally don't mess with sound or graphical options (I usually take care of these after I know the game can run), and I think that it's all mounted to Drive C. But nothing.

Can anyone with spare time tell me what is it I'm doing wrong, or give me a brief run on how to create a game profile, just to see if I'm not screwing things up?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I can't help you, I just use vanilla Dosbox, but welcome back!!

Sorry I can't help you, I just use vanilla Dosbox, but welcome back!!

Thanks :) It's not much of a return. I'm not part of the Codex staff anymore, and gaming is pretty erratic for me these days so not I'm not even paying much attention to RPGs. But I wanted to see how everyone was doing and, if all went well, get some tech help ;)

I had the same problem and found a way to fix it, but I can't remember off the top of my head. When I get home tonight, I'll look at my config and see.

Back
Top Bottom