Kingdom Come - Planned DLC

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Game Watcher reports that a DLC is planned for Kingdom Come: Deliverance:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance DLC - Female Character and Dog Companion Planned

Kingdom Come: Deliverance was a bit buggy at launch, causing Warhorse studio to spend most of its time till now in post-launch support. As the bugs are fixed and improvements are made, development slowly shifts more and more into the DLC expansions, and here's everything we know about those.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance DLC
Back in Kickstarter days, a couple of the stretch goals were the addition of a female playable character and a dog companion to Kingdom Come: Deliverance. We know now more details about those, and that both are coming as DLC -- free for backers, and paid for non-backers.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Well I was wondering why the stretch goal content wasn't included on release. So answer received now I just have to wait for more patches before I play this game.

It wasn't included on release because they were concentrated on core content and still didn't have enough time to polish that completely. The release was buggy as hell - and I'm not talking about rare setup tech problems, bugs including gamestoppers plagued every player. Luckily just a few sidequests were impossible to solve while we found workarounds for problems with story progression. I think I wrote already that I cannot possibly determine which game has more bugs, KCD or Skyrim, and that speaks enough about it.

KCD already received a few patches and to be honest I'm not aware of the game's current state as I moved to FF15 (finished), am now on ToCS2 and I want to play Ni No Kuni 2 next. I do however know that occassional lack of random encounters bug was supposed to be fixed with the last patch but instead they broke it even more, so now everyone has the bug not just some players. Because several of these are IMO mustexperience (The Riddler, loaded dice and treasure map merchants) you should wait till it's fixed if you're not playing the game already.

What I have to add more here is the developer's lemme call it unusual behavior.
They have bugs megathread on Steam where players reported everything they found on release and now a separate bugs section on Steam is also available. For console audience and GOG version, players can report problems in bugs section on the official forum. Every single report is being read by developers and every single reported bug is being tracked - there are cases where that same developer asked for additional details and even bugged savegame so they can either reproduce the bug or at least see the bugged game.
However, there is this guy Vavra who's on the right path to become next Molyneux. Just don't trust anything he says or take your good old grain of salt. When he says something is happening today, expect it in at least a week if not month.
Anyway, the developer didn't leave their job to modders. Thus, I will replay KCD as soon as possible and still continue reporting what I found broken to help weeding bugs that remained. These parents care about their child more than about some silly MMO.

However, there is this guy Vavra who's on the right path to become next Molyneux. Just don't trust anything he says or take your good old grain of salt. When he says something is happening today, expect it in at least a week if not month.
What has he done to earn your distrust?

Tweeted promises that sound awsome and would probably instantly happen in some magical world, but in reality impossible to deliver in the time interval he claimed.
Still good as eventually what's written gets brought to life, but if he continues doing that it's just a matter of time when his promises just won't be possible to realize.

Back
Top Bottom