Quantcast
InSomnia - Teaser Trailer & Steam Page - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » InSomnia - Teaser Trailer & Steam Page

Default InSomnia - Teaser Trailer & Steam Page

March 29th, 2018, 11:40
Insomnia: The Ark gets an official teaser trailer and the Steam page is now available.

loading…

About This Game

INSOMNIA is a complex story-driven RPG that takes place on a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization. Develop your character, explore lovingly handcrafted locations, interact with peculiar NPCs and factions, craft equipment and try to stay alive.

You awaken on Object 6 - a retro-futuristic space station set on a 400-year journey in search of a new home. Stricken with a rare psychological disease, you have to uncover macabre secrets and the truth behind humanity’s journey to the ghost-like Evacuation Point.

Exploration is rewarding…and dangerous

Search for valuable technology and resources in the confines of Object 6. Pay attention - INSOMNIA’s nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.

Strategic real-time combat

INSOMNIA features both close and ranged combat, as well as destroyable covers. Choose your gear wisely - every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.

Personalized journey

Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a huge amount of craftable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player.

Your choices matter

INSOMNIA offers an intricate, non-linear storyline with ‘points of no return’. Navigate a system of thorny relations with characters and factions and make tough decisions that affect the game world. Each major problem can be solved using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.

A rich universe

Experience the game’s rich lore through retro-futuristic noir visuals with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark noir jazz soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

March 29th, 2018, 12:32
I backed this and had it pegged as one of those games that would be stuck in development limbo forever, so I haven't read the updates this last year. Guess I was wrong, this looks pretty interesting!
Last edited by TomRon; March 29th, 2018 at 13:06.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

March 29th, 2018, 15:49
I backed that too, and I am really waiting for it now..

ChatMiauleur

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

March 29th, 2018, 16:09
Only recently came across this, but it looks really interesting. It's not a Tolkeinesque fantasy setting, for starters.

TheSnarkyShaman

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 29th, 2018, 16:21
Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.
Sounded interesting until I read that. I hate having to monitor food and water usage - that's one kind of realism that I can do without. If there's an option to disable that, I'd be interested.

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

March 29th, 2018, 17:56
So two years behind schedule and still no estimated released date? Just a vague 2018. Oh well at least the developer didn't just take backer money then disappear at least.
--
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks."

Couchpotato

Retired News-Editor

March 29th, 2018, 18:21
I didn't back this one, and I'd be more into it were it turn based, but even without that it is appealing. Everyone once in a while I do feel the urge to just go out of the fantasy settings and explore space.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

March 29th, 2018, 20:59
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I didn't back this one, and I'd be more into it were it turn based, but even without that it is appealing. Everyone once in a while I do feel the urge to just go out of the fantasy settings and explore space.
Agreed, the real time combat isn't what I would have preferred, but the setting is cool and the art direction and general graphics are way above I expected.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 29th, 2018, 21:21
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I didn't back this one, and I'd be more into it were it turn based, but even without that it is appealing.
Iirc, this was turn-based in the beginning and then they decided to scrap that whole system and make it more "involved" with real-time. I lost significant interest when that happened.

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

March 29th, 2018, 21:43
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
Iirc, this was turn-based in the beginning and then they decided to scrap that whole system and make it more "involved" with real-time. I lost significant interest when that happened.
I was wondering why I had backed a game with action combat from an unknown developer, but apparently I didn't then. That makes sense.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 29th, 2018, 22:23
Reminds me of the movie Pandorum and the book Ship of Fools. I like
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

March 29th, 2018, 22:30
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
Iirc, this was turn-based in the beginning and then they decided to scrap that whole system and make it more "involved" with real-time.
I dont think it was initially turn-based. I think it wasnt defined very clearly. I thought there were some mention about RTwP with more active companions where morale is important. Now it changed. They said in RPGWatch interview (its here, read it ):

The only thing that did change is the role of companions - now it's less prominent and we pay more attention to main the character's gameplay. When we first implemented the basics of the combat system, we had blocking mechanics, punches and covers. We started to test it and realized that the player won't have time to take control over his companions as well. However, you will still have an ability to pause the game and give orders to your NPCs, such as "take cover" and to "perform a distant attack", or "rush into the battle" to give yourself more time.

Farflame

Keeper of the Watch

March 30th, 2018, 00:48
I will read that interview, thanks Farflame. And RTwP is also something I would pledge to, so that makes sense too. 3rd person action with the possibility to pause in order to issue commands to companions? Probably not. I'll still play it though.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 30th, 2018, 00:56
Neat trailer. I had stopped watching this because it had been turn based. Now that it is more active going to have to start following it again.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

March 30th, 2018, 03:08
Still visually interesting, because of strong artistic direction. It was a lot of work to get the game to this stage. WOW. Taking away the turn-based battles hurts tho..

mercy

Keeper of the Watch

April 1st, 2018, 21:05
Hey people, thank you for supporting us all these years! We are here to answer your questions if you have any .

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Mono Studio

+1:

April 1st, 2018, 21:33
Originally Posted by INSOMNIA_The_Ark View Post
Hey people, thank you for supporting us all these years! We are here to answer your questions if you have any .
When is release day and is their a gameplay video?
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

April 1st, 2018, 21:45
We have to launch beta test first, and depending on the feedback we will know how many things need to be improved or changed before actually releasing the game. There are few gameplay videos we have posted so far, and they are all available here. We will do more videos soon.

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Mono Studio

April 2nd, 2018, 20:48
Originally Posted by INSOMNIA_The_Ark View Post
We have to launch beta test first, and depending on the feedback we will know how many things need to be improved or changed before actually releasing the game. There are few gameplay videos we have posted so far, and they are all available here. We will do more videos soon.
Do we who backed the game get access to the beta? Would be interesting to try it out.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 2nd, 2018, 21:07
There will be a closed beta and an open beta, and one of those should be available to you depending on what tier you've picked while backing.

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Mono Studio

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » InSomnia - Teaser Trailer & Steam Page