Risen Leveling - From Casual to Completionist

Jaga

Watcher
Posting this just as much for discussion as to satisfy a curiosity I have about the game's chapters, and how fast the player progresses.

I've seen other people post that they were afraid they'd done "too much exploring", and were (for example) already level 10 and still in the first chapter. Knowing there are around 28-29 levels in a typical playthrough, and that Chapter 1/2 are the longest, where does that put such a player?

I think my first playthrough near the end of chapter 1 put my char at around 10/11, and my second char is 10 right now (and still has a ton of quests in town and exploration to do before the end of Ch1).

For those of you who have played multiple times, what level do you think a player who explores should be at the end of each chapter. i.e. is there more past level ten for a completionist, or is simple exploration enough to keep up with the 28-29 end-game target? I'm going to assume that in the classical RPG level-up sense, the scale is slightly curved and each level gets more and more difficult to acquire, until the point it hits a cap and each level thereafter requires the same xp.

From the point of view of a "completionist" (who like to do everything and anything possible to attain the highest level), are there areas you cannot or should not enter due to the mobs inside being too difficult? Or should that style of play be a "go anywhere and kill everything" goal?

I haven't dug too hard, so the information might be out there in some form, but I haven't seen it posted here in another topic. I put myself somewhere between a completionist, and hardcore gamer - I like to complete everything I can, but if it means a trek across the Island for 100xp, then I may skip it and move on.

The three-four times i've played the game up until chapter 3, i've ended up around levels 10-12 in chapter 1. This is rather easily done by doing the Swamp and Town quests or Monastery & Town quests, depending on my choice of loyalty, and some exploration of the "safer" regions of the game.

Personally, i didn't go battling the skeletons around the various ruins, knowing i could defeat them but i would have to reload often because i'd get sliced with one swing from an Undead Lord. Meaning if i have no room for mistakes (which i tend to make a LOT in melee combat) i get annoyed easily. I left such encounters to be dealt with in chapter 2, where i got much better equipment.

I, too, like to complete as much as i can but only within my choice of loyalty. With an Inquisition warrior in mind i didn't kiss the Don's hairy moon by serving his men just because there would've been some coin and XP in it for me. Vice versa, why worship a stupid flame if all a bandit needs is money and a fat axe. :)

Of course restricting myself like that meant slightly slower leveling.

Back
Top Bottom