Gothic 3 Best way to start in Gothic 3

MidnightShade

Traveler
I was wondering can you go to other cities first, and finish the cities in any order or is there a certain order to things? In my first game, I jumped off the 1000' waterfall and swam accross the bay instead of going to Montera right away and got to Lago the bay desert port. Could I have done the missions there and others in the desert? I went back to montera, thinking I might be missing something, It seems everybody does Ardea--Reddock--Cape Dun--Monterra Can you go to other cites before Montera and actually do the quests there, or would it just be too hard?

I personally like to do all side quests in all cities before liberating any of them, that way I have a high level and loads of good stuff before I start liberating cities, which is quite tough to be honest. You can do quests whereever you want, whenever you want, so just choose whatever you like. :)

Like you I swam over to Lago early on and I'm collecting all the teleport stones before doing much else. I do a few quests here and there, in no particular order and simply explore as much as I can. Eventuall, I'll complete as many quests as possible, but I enjoy free-forming rather than completing a game section by section. There seems to be no RIGHT way to play, so do what you enjoy!!

If you talk to everybody in each city you enter and pursue quests before going somewhere else, you will naturally be lead through several cities in a certain order.

Eventually the lead start to drain and you will have world-spanning quests that can be done in any order you like.

I personally do all side quests and leave them when I got the "liberate" quest. I intend to go back and liberate later when I know for sure there's no subquests leading into a city I have slain.

I have done all cities in Myrtana, all but 2 in Varant and none in Nordmar, only leaving a few "come back later" quests and the ones I did not want to do.

The first thing I started doing was exploring and doing quests for some levels and when I got strong enough I set out to crush the Rebellion, so far Reddock, Okara and Nemora are all gone.

Now I am unsure what to do but I'm going around to towns and doing quests hoping some one will tell me where to go next.

jesus Corwin i swore you were at that stage back in november! is that typical of your gaming style? i would think that would be the equivalent of reading one sentence at a time in a book. though i know of at least one other person who has propositioned that style of intake.

jesus Corwin i swore you were at that stage back in november! is that typical of your gaming style? i would think that would be the equivalent of reading one sentence at a time in a book. though i know of at least one other person who has propositioned that style of intake.

I don't know for sure, but I thought Corwin was a reviewer too and that implies to get your own favourites for the little free time you have.

Errrr.....Corwin made that post in November. Some dude just dragged up this old thread.

I just go as I please. I went were the road took me, and were quests were found. But overall, my goal was to make that $10000 gold (i think it was that) so I could get that shiny Paladin Armour.

I'm going to play as a Hashishin mage next time round, so I'll probably do Ardaea -> Reddock -> Cap Dun -> Lago -> the rest of the desert.

I usually make the mistake of waiting too long before going to the desert - I often wait until I am level 30 before going down there, and it becomes a bit too easy. Sounds more reasonable to follow your path than to do everything in Myrtana first.

ardea -> cap dun -> montera..thats how my journey usually begins, after that..well depending on my character either to north or south..:) btw if you have courrage, you could walk towards vengard and all the way to NORDMAR :) Just walk past the hunter's cabin near faring and walk through the woods..

Yes, up near the ogres. It's very hard at lower levels though, most beasts will kill you rather fast.

In my last playthrough I went to Nordmar earlyish (lvl 20 or os) with an archer type character. It was a bit frustrating to take on the local wildlife one critter at a time... I cant recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom