New pc build

JDR, stop posting that otherwise I'm coming to Florida and will either abduct you so you can't make me envious again or your card is gonner! ;)

@lostforever - I finally got around to running some benchmarks with the GTX 770. I only tested two games (I didn't have much time for comparison tests because I already had my GTX 470 sold on Ebay) but the results are fairly impressive.

In Tomb Raider @1920x1200 with all settings at maximum + TressFX. Using the built-in benchmark, my fps went from…

Min = 12.5
Max = 33.0
Ave = 23.4

to…

Min = 26.3
Max = 62.3
Ave = 47.7

In Metro 2033 @1920x1200 with everything maxed + Advanced PhysX, I went from around 23 fps to around 50 fps. (Used Fraps)

Considering that I haven't touched the rest of my system yet, I'm quite happy with those results. With the CPU and RAM you have, you should see a significantly larger increase if you were to upgrade your GTX 460 to a 770.

*Edit* I should probably add that I also had vsync enabled during those tests, otherwise the fps might have been considerably higher. I didn't see the point in disabling vsync for the benchmarks though because I always use it when gaming.

Thanks for the info JDR. I am going to get 770 but it just matter of which 770. I hear that few 770 are coming out soon with the titan cooler so waiting to see reviews of those before buying one.

Well, just an update, just as I predicted more graphics ram will be needed and soon, because of the new console releases. Check the battlefield 4 requirements 3 GB of graphics ram is the reccomended requirement… in other words I wouldn't buy anything with less than 4 GB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom