Rebecca Heineman - Dragon Wars 2 Kickstarter?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
HiddenX sent a link the Twitter acoount of Rebecca Heineman who writes she is doing a kickstarter for Dragon Wars 2. Here is the information from HiddenX.

B89-sisIEAI-Gq9.jpg

That's a surprise for me: Rebecca Heineman wants to go to Kickstarter with Dragon Wars 2

https://twitter.com/burgerbecky/stat…09789281906689

and I thought she wanted to work with Fargo on Bard's Tale 4.
More information.

Last edited:
Here are more of her posts from Twitter for those interested.

1. Dragon Wars 2, Story and engine by Rebecca Heineman, design by Jennell Jaquays and others that will announced soon
  2. We are taking #dragonwars2 to Kickstarter. Soundtrack by @8bitweapon
  3. Yes, #dragonwars2 will import characters from dragon wars and bards tale I through III
  4. Who did these games? This chick! Who is doing the sequel, Dragon Wars 2? This chick!
  5. This game will be what made my Bard's Tale trilogy and Dragon Wars great!
I guess we will cover the game when more information is available.

Goodness Gloo, you still have your save games from those days? My Bards Tale games were all played on the C64/Amiga!

I'll probably back this one too.

According to the wiki, the original is a party-based RPG? Turn based or real time?
Either case, if the pitch is good, I'll pledge. :)

Phase based combat like bards tale.

Interesting to see some of her comments...did she have a falling out with Fargo?

No question I will be backing this...

Interesting to see some of her comments…did she have a falling out with Fargo?
Yeah it looks like Fargo was not interested in hiring her for the next Bards Tale game, and so she decided to try her luck doing her own kickstarter game.

It would be nice to see how Fargo would respond to this.o_O

Nah would rather there wasn't any drama...too much if that nowadays

I've never heard of her I must admit ...

I would probably fund this, but she needs to get a good team together. I don't think she's ever been lead designer or lead programmer, so I'm kind of uncertain about what kind of game she'll put together. I liked Wasteland 2 so much, that Bard's Tale 4 will be instantly backed by me.

Yeah it looks like Fargo was not interested in hiring her for the next Bards Tale game, and so she decided to try her luck doing her own kickstarter game.

It would be nice to see how Fargo would respond to this.o_O

You are correct, InXile was not interested in my services.

FYI, I've had the design for a new RPG in the works for several years and I've been working with Interplay on bringing back the IP, Dragon Wars was my game (As was Bard's Tale III) so it's BACK!

Technically this is not the truth.

What made you think this? I was the one who created the game engine, main design and led both the Bard's Tale III and Dragon Wars projects. I was the heart and soul of these games.

Welcome at RPGWatch burgerbetty - I love the old Bard's Tale games and Dragon Wars. Challenging combat, great exploration, atmosphere and dungeon crawling -
I hope we see a game with these oldschool values again.

Good Luck with the Kickstarter!

Personally, someone having less or little experience with modern games and graphics is a PLUS in my book. I'm after content, some dungeon romping old-school style, with hours and hours of exploration. Someone else can have the sparkles and plunging necklines.

Back
Top Bottom