Witcher 3 - Insider on the Graphics Downgrade

And you are accusing CDPR of being dishonest?

No, but pots and kettles spring to mind…

I buy all my games through steam these days. It just is so convenient.

So I purchased on Amazon thanks to the tips here that the standard edition physical goods had been added to the listing. Same day shipping promised. Does that mean today, or tomorrow, since the release is before end of day for me in PDT timezone? Now if it isn't delivered on schedule I think I should be owed a big refund.

The Witcher 3 will be faaantastic! Even with xbone graphics. Going to bed now, I expect full watch reviews tomorrow morning.

So tonight's the night!

Not for me though. Will regularly go to work this week and then I'll be in holiday for a week. So I expect to have 2 patches when I'll start playing in 2 weeks. ;)

NVIDIA have now put up the optimise settings for W3 on GeForce Experience. Looks like they are really ready for this one. So with GoG pre download done, everything ready to go at midnight... Although I'm somewhat expecting some minor glitches, such as the update site getting swamped. Wouldn't be a major game release if it all went smoothly would it?

Wouldnt GoG galaxy and Steam have updated to the latest version already? Pretty stupid move if they've decided to hold off on the update until release.. i mean it serves no purpose unless the update isn't finished, which i believe it is.

Edit: nope, not updated it seems. Checked the game folder / .exe

Wouldnt GoG galaxy and Steam have updated to the latest version already? Pretty stupid move if they've decided to hold off on the update until release.. i mean it serves no purpose unless the update isn't finished, which i believe it is.

Well the game isn't running right now, so clearly you are going to need to dload at least something to unlock it. I actually pre downloaded a few days ago on GoG and haven't seen anything since. It would be normal if there was a small patch or something.

I did get GOG update (small one) today but I got distracted so I have no idea if it was an update for Galaxy or TW3.

Well the game isn't running right now, so clearly you are going to need to dload at least something to unlock it. I actually pre downloaded a few days ago on GoG and haven't seen anything since. It would be normal if there was a small patch or something.

The .exe is obviously locked.. they should still be able to make the patch download days before the release and then just have it unpack and install on release.. Hopefully that's how it's done if it's a big patch, wouldn't surprise me if not though.

Just 6h and a half to go.

You just made me realize that I've been an entire day off in my planning. :)

I thought TW3 was unlocking here tomorrow, but it's today! In 2 hours no less.

I'm abandoning my TW2 replay near the end of Chapter 2. I wasn't very happy with it anyways, as I encountered a bug that prevented me from obtaining an item that I would need to complete a quest in Chapter 3.

Will pick up my physical copy (old school ;-) tomorrow...just hope the initial patch is not too large. Not sure I'll have time to play until weekend - still finishing PoE and work is crazy...Still, will fire it up if only to play with graphic settings and see what I can see ;-)

still finishing PoE and work is crazy…Still, will fire it up if only to play with graphic settings and see what I can see ;-)
Yeah, I have to finish PoE as well. I'm near the end though. And I've got to read two more Witcher novels. Think I'll manage that in holidays. :)

Last edited:
You sure that option exists? :p
And will you play on K/M or joystick?

I'm using a HOTAS Warthog and it plays perfectly naturally.
HotasWarthog800x600.jpg

I'm convinced this is the way it was meant to play - geralt handles brilliantly if you just imagine him to be some grim and grey haired harrier. Also, doesn't look too bad:

8pWRhmm.jpg

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 will be faaantastic! Even with xbone graphics. Going to bed now, I expect full watch reviews tomorrow morning.

xbone? as in x bone? are we 12 now?

Back
Top Bottom