Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 - Teased

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GamePressure reports on a tease for Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 from Warhorse Studios.

The story will be set in 1506, 103 years after the events of the first installment, when Bohemia, as well as Hungary and Croatia were ruled by Vladislaus II of Hungary. So it is certain that Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 we will put us in the shoes of a new protagonist, perhaps a descendant of Henry. Unfortunately, that's all we know at the moment. We can only speculate that the release of the game will probably take place in 2020, near the release of the next generation of consoles. In 2019 we will receive two more story add-ons to the first instakllment and a number of other novelties, including e.g. mod support.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

2020? I'll be pretty surprised if it's released that soon considering how long the first game took and the fact that they're still making DLC for it.

They spent a lot of time on their engine and on research for the first game so they mostly have this covered for the second and need less time.

Still I think 2021 is more likely.

Yeah, I got the impression that they spent a heck of a lot of time wrestling Cryengine into shape, and it does have a bad reputation for being hard work if you want to make anything that isn't Crysis. But the upside is that they've now got a really nice engine for the games they want to make, and they can probably iterate and generate content quite efficiently for a good while to come.

2020? I'll be pretty surprised if it's released that soon considering how long the first game took and the fact that they're still making DLC for it.

I doubt they had to use the whole team to produce these DLCs. I bet most of them are working on the next title for a long time, by now.

KCD2 is supposed to follow Hal and Hans story further, past the KCD's ending.
The pic GamePressure noticed half a year ago means absolutely nothing.

6 months old news? haha

yes heh, i was actually surprised when i googled (release date) and found an article from January about the upcoming game and the year it takes place etc..
Though they predicted release date of 2019 or perhaps 2020. i doubt 2019..

Glad they are making another it's a great game. Wish it weren't set in 1500 though as I would prefer it stay more medieval and not blend into the Renaissance period. Probably means guns will be more coon in game. Just my personal feelings however.

I dont believe this tease because from the start of development of KDC there were a lot of talks about the idea to create trilogy of historical RPGs that would go into the time of Hussite Wars (1419 - 1434). Its very famous part of Czech history. Its something like Napoleon era for French. Of course, they could change their plan somehow but I dont believe it. I think they will do an RPG from Hussite Wars era sooner or later so I think that KDC 2 will more likely continue some stories from KDC 1.

Who's saying they're skipping anything? To me it would make perfect sense to jump around a bit between various interesting periods, not unlike e.g Assassins Creed is doing.

It keeps things fresh and interesting and it's probably very inspiring for the artists and for creativity to not stay for too long in one period. They can come back to e.g Hussite Wars in a third game...

I dont believe this tease because from the start of development of KDC there were a lot of talks about the idea to create trilogy of historical RPGs that would go into the time of Hussite Wars (1419 - 1434). Its very famous part of Czech history. Its something like Napoleon era for French. Of course, they could change their plan somehow but I dont believe it. I think they will do an RPG from Hussite Wars era sooner or later so I think that KDC 2 will more likely continue some stories from KDC 1.

Hope so I would prefer this

This news has been disproved by Warhorse themselves, the screen indicated a bug tracking, not any sequel.

One Warhorse dev said the sequel will continue Henry's story. But of course that is unofficial until confirmed officially, since plans can always change.

If it is set in early renaissance, it will be interesting to see if they have inventing and early science experiment mini games.

Back
Top Bottom