Elder Scrolls Online - New Greymoor Chapter

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Greymoor Chapter has been announced for The Elder Scrolls Online. Greymoor is set in Western Skyrim. Expect Greymoor on PC and Mac May 18th, and Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on June 2nd.

THIS YEAR'S INCREDIBLE NEW CHAPTER - ESO: GREYMOOR
Set more than 900 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Western Skyrim isn't exactly how players may remember it. An ancient vampire lord leading a terrifying army of vampires, witches, and werewolves, has twisted a once idyllic land into a dark and sinister one.

Greymoor is packed-full of new stories, adventures, and challenges, including:

• A gigantic new zone, Western Skyrim, and within it, the deep and dark Blackreach cavern. Combined, this is ESO's largest zone yet.
  • An epic main story quest line with around 30 hours of new adventures that ties into the Dark Heart of Skyrim year-long adventure, plus tons of new side quests and exploration
  • Antiquities: this new system features two skill lines and will challenge players to travel beyond Western Skyrim and across Tamriel to recover lost artifacts to uncover the world's hidden history and unlock powerful and fun rewards for all types of players
  • A challenging new 12-player Trial: Kyne's Aegis
  • New World Events: Harrowstorms
  • A vast amount of unique Delves, Public Dungeons, and standalone quests, as well as a host of performance updates and quality-of-life improvements
More information.

ESO=Bethesda game/MMO hybrid done right
F76=Bethesda game/MMO gone horribly wrong

Elder Scrolls Online looks fantastic and I really enjoyed the exploration and the game world. I was not a fan of the character advancement or the skills.

I guess growing up on Everquest just makes me yearn for harder games. Being able to kill five monsters by yourself at once doesn't appeal to me long term.

I tried Elder Scrolls when it first released, I just didn't care for it when I compared it to either of the Everquest games. So now when I get that mmo itch, I just fire up EQ or pray that Pantheon is closer day by day!

I am definitely not an MMO person. I've tried several over the years (Everquest, Guild Wars, Warcraft, LotR) but always bounced off them really quickly. But I tried ESO last year and actually enjoyed it. I didn't keep playing it too long but did enjoy my time with it. I think it felt more single-player friendly (though I did play with a friend for a bit).

Anyway, for those mmo-haters on the fence, it might be worth trying.

Oh, no! They'll have to hire a new band of mercenaries now!
Nice trailer!
I'm glad I didn't waste one second of my life playing ESO, tho. No multiplayer, no MMO!

Elder Scrolls Online looks fantastic and I really enjoyed the exploration and the game world. I was not a fan of the character advancement or the skills.

I guess growing up on Everquest just makes me yearn for harder games. Being able to kill five monsters by yourself at once doesn't appeal to me long term.

I can see that is a problem. Modern MMO's seem to cater more and more to the single player audience. I'm certainly guilty, in the sense that I mostly (exclusively) play these games as persistent single player worlds., I've started playing LOTRO again, and I notice that I'm now able to play instances on my own, instances that I previously had no way of surviving without a group (or as we say in LOTRO, a fellowship). Good for me and the way I play, but I realize that this violates the spirit of a multiplayer game.

a pibbur who should probably feel ashamed, but sadly does not.

Last edited:
I picked up the standard edition on sale, too good to pass up and the recommendations here are solid. I like to explore and I played allot of EQ. If I hate it I did not invest much. Hope to see you all one day. :) Huge download at 87 GB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom