Demons Age - Releases June 30th

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The game that should have been released a year ago, Demons Age, will release June 30th.

Thanks porcozaur!

More information.

Other than the usage of hexes (incline) everything else looks bland af

Still looks very similar to that beta I played. I hope they made massive improvements since then, the game needed them.

Nice backgrounds. Turn based combat. But a strangely unengaging trailer, which is weird. Still, worth a look I think.

Still looks very similar to that beta I played. I hope they made massive improvements since then, the game needed them.

What was wrong with it?

Still wondering what the encroaching mortality of the demons has to do with the game. Do they show the demons purchasing reading glasses for the first time? Do the demons agonize over their children moving away for college?

Last question: how the f&*% could someone get this far developing a game without someone pointing out a grammatical error in the name?

Last question: how the f&*% could someone get this far developing a game without someone pointing out a grammatical error in the name?
I guess you're thinking they meant "Demon's Age" or "Demons' Age"? But the fact is, "Demons Age" is valid as well, obviously it means something slightly different. As far as we know there is no grammatical error in the name. "Demons Age" isn't any more wrong than "Dragon Age" is, only difference between the two is singular/plural form of one of the nouns.

I guess you're thinking they meant "Demon's Age" or "Demons' Age"? But the fact is, "Demons Age" is valid as well, obviously it means something slightly different. As far as we know there is no grammatical error in the name. "Demons Age" isn't any more wrong than "Dragon Age" is, only difference between the two is singular/plural form of one of the nouns.

Demons age? Mmm, I thought demons are immortal. Learn something new every day.

Haha, I hadn't even thought about that possible meaning.

Still wondering what the encroaching mortality of the demons has to do with the game. Do they show the demons purchasing reading glasses for the first time? Do the demons agonize over their children moving away for college?

It seems like the next, logical evolution of gaming to me. Fable lets you grow old and die, Tyranny lets you be the evil guy. Now you get to experience the life of a demon. You probably start off as an awkward demon teenager who's underground city is attacked by humans. You set off on a quest for vengeance and eventually save all of demonkind, become ruler of all, etc, etc.

The game engine looks reasonable, although it's difficult to tell from that brief glance. The company's description is a bit on the cringe-worthy side though. I have to suspect the writing is going to be "grate".

That's my first thought, too. Demon's Age works. Demons' Age works. Even Demon Age works, though it would be better with a 'The' on the front. Demons Age just doesn't.

That's my first thought, too. Demon's Age works. Demons' Age works. Even Demon Age works, though it would be better with a 'The' on the front. Demons Age just doesn't.

What you're saying only holds if the intent of the name is "this is an age (period in time) of demons"

The current name works perfectly fine if the intent is "demons do in fact get older as time passes"

The name is not inherently grammatically incorrect. It could mean something other than they intended.

It is an obvious mistake if my first definition was the intent.

What you're saying only holds if the intent of the name is "this is an age (period in time) of demons"

The current name works perfectly fine if the intent is "demons do in fact get older as time passes"
The name "Demons Age" works fine either way. Demons can be the noun, and age the verb, as in "demons get older", or they can both be nouns, paralleling "Dragon Age", meaning an age (era) of demons. Although I'd say the latter use is a little awkward, most people would probably be more inclined to say "Age of Demons" instead. "Dragon Age" is just as awkward though, but doesn't feel like it anymore cause everyone's gotten used to it. There's no reason that the first noun would need to be possessive to convey this meaning. If it did, then "Dragon Age" would have to be "Dragon's Age".

Your prob right. It is awkward though. I shouldn't comment on grammar issues anyway as my knowledge level would probably get laughed at by 3rd graders.

As for the game itself, I'm looking forward to some hands on reviews. If combat, level design/world, and inventory are good I personally can live with a few grammar errors.

Back
Top Bottom