|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Echoes of the Past 2 DLC

Default Two Worlds II - Echoes of the Past 2 DLC

September 4th, 2018, 00:38
Yeah the voice acting was cringe worthy, and some of the humor just wasn't funny. Though the developers made fun of the voice actor in part one that was hilarious.

loading…
--
"Proud to Be a Small Minded Poorly Educated Republican. Trump 2020."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

September 4th, 2018, 00:50
I guess I'm immune to the cringe.

PS: I am willing to consider the assumption that the voice acting of the first game was so poor that it left the scale at the lower end, and reentered it at the upper end.
Which means it would be both worse and better than the voice acting of CotT. Regardless, the voice acting of Two Worlds 2 was better than CotT's.

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

September 4th, 2018, 00:55
I liked that none of the games took themselves too seriously, I remember there was some quest in TW2 that actually had me laughing out loud.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

September 4th, 2018, 00:59
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
I guess I'm immune to the cringe.
Don't worry I don't mind as I still played the game multiple times myself. Guess it all comes down to personal tastes, but I could overlook all of that in the end.

It's just like how Larian uses humor in Original Sin 1&2.
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

+1:

September 4th, 2018, 17:00
Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
I rather liked the first Two Worlds. I appreciated the freedom offered in character development, as I recall, and I do like sandbox games. The second one? Not so much.
Agreed. For all the crap TW1 received, it was charming in its approach. I ended up completing it in full twice. The awkward voice acting, open world with interesting environments, and spell system really aided in my enjoyment, I think. The lack of monster respawns probably helped, too. It was nice to revisit old areas and still see corpses of creatures I had slain 20 hours earlier.

I gave TW2 a go a few years after release, and put it down for good after the first hour or two. I really couldn't get attached.

I do find it odd that they're still supporting TW2 so many years later, but admirable, too. I only wish that some of my favorite games received that kind of support.
--
~Watching since 2007~

Ragnaris

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

September 4th, 2018, 22:08
Yeah, I forgot about the spell system. That, too.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 16th, 2018, 21:41
Well, I own pretty much every rpg on the xbox, I tried to play Oblivion numerous times and could just never get into it. I am still trying to play Skyrim. I love all the Dark Souls games and the Dragon Age games and I also loved Two Worlds, the Witcher games, fable games, but Elders Scrolls? I just can’t enjoy it. But I am not so arrogant as to claim that it is a bad version of a game that I do like, just because I personally do not like it.

Oh and do you know how many posts I have written on forums about the Elder Scrolls games (just to say how I personally don’t like the games)? 0.

As for reasons why TW2 was really good: most customizable magic system of any rpg. ever. Very interesting storyline and fantastic, complex side quests. Great weapons and armor upgrading system (kingdom of amalur is probably the most detailed one, but many rpgs have good ones too). very good combat system. Oh and really cool skills in all three standard rpg trees (rogue-mage-warrior)

There are many other good things about TW2, and I hope that the designers of TW3 aren’t listening to the very vocal naysayers. TW2 is based on the same fantasy rpg lore as Elders and in fact most if not all rpgs. It also has some asian and middle eastern fantasy lore which is more unique in rpgs. So it is EXACTLY on the same level creatvely as the Elders games. Design and functionality wise as well.

And seriously, who do you think you are to say that it is a “cheap version” of Elders’? Based on what do you think you can say something like that? TW2 was a very detailed and very well made rpg with its own distinct world, a huge world and hours of unique stories. So are the Elders games. Why do they need to be compared?

But again for those who actually play TW2 on xbox and these mp dlcs. How does one play MP? It never works for me. Does anyone know?

Papantoine

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 18th, 2018, 14:03
Originally Posted by Papantoine View Post
As for reasons why TW2 was really good: most customizable magic system of any rpg. ever.
It's good, but is it _that_ good?

Some recent game which kind of does something very similar, but maybe takes it a little further is Fictorum. That's not a great RPG, 2W2 is certainly better overall. But the magic system is another story. I'd concede that the comparison is unfair, since the magic system is somehow the core part of Fictorum, while it is only one element of 2W2.

Then there's some older titles to consider, like Death Gate (I think?), Arx Fatalis, or Morrowind.

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

September 18th, 2018, 20:58
Originally Posted by Papantoine View Post
Snip Wall of text
So your first post is to criticize long time members who don't like a game you obviously are fanatically about given the language, and accusing others of how dare we say that.

Now moving on nothing to see here but I'll say this before I depart. You do know that journalist's from major review sites called both these games cheap Elder Scroll clones.

As for MP don't care never touched it.
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

September 19th, 2018, 02:25
I think the actual TES comparisons came from them, they were actually promoting it as "Oblivion on steroids". ( first one, that is).
Though why would anyone want to compare their game to Oblivion, there in lies the conundrum.
Gameplay wise reminded me a lot of Divinity 2, kind of attack&spam abilities with that unmistakable Gamebryo ( tm) floaty feel.
Magic system was good, but Tyranny had a lot more flexibility/options.
Best parts about the game was: hot player sister, magic, armor design, and that Desert Rose ( or something) questline ( with a plot twist, as you realize she's a dude, right before a sex scene, I kid you not). And a few crazy, over the top questlines ( remember that one about killer umbrellas or something).
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Echoes of the Past 2 DLC