Battle Brothers - Beasts & Exploration Release Day

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Battle Brothers DLC Beasts & Exploration will be released today.

The 'Beasts & Exploration' DLC for Battle Brothers expands the game with a larger world, full of unique hidden locations throughout that offer new possibilities and rewards to the daring adventurer, as well as challenging new beasts roaming the untamed wilds. Craft your own gear from trophies you collect, customize your equipment with a new system for armor attachments, and engage in profitable beast hunting and exploration!

Features

Legendary Locations - Hidden legendary locations offer new possibilities, lore, unique opponents, and unique rewards for the daring adventurer in a world that is 25% larger.
New Opponents - Five challenging new beasts populate different parts of the wilds, and three fearsome bosses guard valuable treasure. All of them come with unique mechanics and loot.
Crafting - Trophies from slain beasts can now be crafted into cloaks, armor plating, armor for your wardogs, shields, potions and other items to customize the look of your hardened mercenaries and benefit them in combat.
Customize your Gear - Wear cloaks, shoulderguards and more for additional benefits with the new armor attachment system, and use the new paint items to paint shields and helmets in the colors of your company.
New Weapons and Armor - A collection of new weapons and armors allow for new play styles and character builds.
New Contracts, Events and Ambitions - Engage in profitable beast hunting and exploration. Immerse yourself in leading a mercenary company with even more illustrated events.
New Music - Two new music tracks accompany you on your adventures.
New Achievements - Challenge yourself with new achievements.
More information.

The original was the sleeper hit of the year for me. Didn’t expect it to be anywhere near the phenomenal experience that it is. I’ll definitely pick up this expansion.

Really looking forward to playing this after work today! Supporter edition you will be mine!

I always appreciate developers who understand the importance of actual gameplay. A reflex purchase for me.

I'll let others test out the expansion, but I plan on incorporating all the new content when I start up a new game next year. Loved it the first time around, and this should make it even better the second!

Playing Battle Brothers at the moment, already clocked up 256 hrs. This expansion is perfect timing for me, what's another 100+ hrs :lol:

Downloading now. Christmas has come early this year. Now to kill everyone and take their stuff. Think my new mercenary group name will be the Murdering Hobos.

I always appreciate developers who understand the importance of actual gameplay. A reflex purchase for me.

Would be better if they understodd the importance of virtual gameplay.
Because this update dilutes the little gameplay this product had.

But, and it must be given to them, they know how to listen to customers.

Just watched the “First Look” video from this post. Waste of time. The guy was basically doing a let’s play from the beginning, which hasn’t changed from vanilla. He barely touched upon any of the new stuff. A good chunk of the video was him renaming and customizing his new hires and when he saw new paints in the store he said “can’t wait to play with those later” and didn’t even buy them. I want to see stuff like the new paints numbnuts not listen to you blather about how “metal” your guy looks. Annoying...

I suppose they could do a Heroes & Villains DLC set later and let us build a leader character?

Does anybody know how to use the try out function when hiring? Mine doesn't seem to do anything.

Does anybody know how to use the try out function when hiring? Mine doesn't seem to do anything.

It will just show what their perk is in that little circle. Some mercs don't have perks so nothing will show. I have only used it a few times so far. When there was not a perk on the guy nothing happened.

Just watched the ?First Look? video from this post. Waste of time. The guy was basically doing a let?s play from the beginning, which hasn?t changed from vanilla. He barely touched upon any of the new stuff. A good chunk of the video was him renaming and customizing his new hires and when he saw new paints in the store he said ?can?t wait to play with those later? and didn?t even buy them. I want to see stuff like the new paints numbnuts not listen to you blather about how ?metal? your guy looks. Annoying?

Video makers like YT are limited by the platform constraints. They often shot for 20 minute long vids etc

Streamers are the way to go, they have the room for a one hundred hour run.
During the beta week, they exposed most of the content.

Content is plenty and gated in order to dilute it.
For example, recipes at the taxidermist only appear when the right combo of ingredients is owned in the inventory. Players must stack on ingredients (cart improvements, caravan hand profile welcomed)
In a week, a visit to a wiki page might save the hassle though as crafted items seldom weigh on the gameplay.

My brain is slipping. It read Breasts, instead of Beasts in the title. o_o

I bet streamers would love my version of the title.

What a bummer! I thought I would be able to see the stats and traits of the brother before hiring him. Thanks anyway!

It will just show what their perk is in that little circle. Some mercs don't have perks so nothing will show. I have only used it a few times so far. When there was not a perk on the guy nothing happened.

Nope, still the same old product in which blind recruitment is forced as there is few ways of building up brothers and that a bad brother is known from the very start.

Some days ago, a comment pointed out artificially blocking players out of content.
This is one way of blocking artificially players out of content.

And the feature was expected to meet these limits as soon as it was announced.

Nope, still the same old product in which blind recruitment is forced as there is few ways of building up brothers and that a bad brother is known from the very start.

Care to elaborate? I still have this on my backlog and was reluctant to start it as it seemed quite hard-core tactical*. Blind recruitment does not sound like something to convince me to start it. ;-)

*tactical is good but I do not want to spend hours of micromanaging, those gaming days are over for me.

Back
Top Bottom