Wasteland 2 - Life Beyond Release

The fifth patch just got on Steam (cca 1 GB).

Highlights:
Added Castilian Spanish community localization to the game. It can be selected by picking "español castellano" from the Gameplay Options menu. Existing Spanish language players will have their language defaulted to the now-renamed "español americano" option.
Large localized text clean up for all languages
Optimized the way random encounter data is stored to reduce loading time and file size.
Added more sound effects throughout the game.
Clean-up of smaller bug fixes throughout the game.

Full changelog:
http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/105289968981/wasteland-2-patch-5-release-notes-61997

Numerous fixes, numerous!
These guys are not being lazy, Bethesda should hire them to fix their hundreds of bugs.

God I wish I started Wasteland 2 and not Xulima…
Xulima starts great then falls hard into an abyss of mediocrity. Hopefully Wasteland 2 won't be the same.

There's a major "balancing" update in the works, joxer. Might be worth the wait. Personally I hope it'll introduce perks. :)

There's a major "balancing" update in the works, joxer. Might be worth the wait. Personally I hope it'll introduce perks. :)
To be more precise this is what Sea wrote:
Correct, patch 5 is a bug-fix update first and foremost. The balance changes we are making are going to be extensive. Think more along the lines of "overhauling attributes, skills, economy, loot distribution, item stats", etc. than "tweaking a few damage numbers".

I was actually citing from one of Fargo's interviews, but that's good to know.

Unfortunately D:OS never got its balance tweaked to a point where I'd consider it a very good RPG. Great to see that Wasteland 2 gets that kind of treatment.

Now that depends how many hours I'll need more to finish Xulima and if modders make norespawn mod for DA3 so I can replay it without getting whacked by immersebreaking everspawning trashmobs everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom