Stargate: Timekeepers - Teaser Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Stargate: Timekeepers has been announced by Slitherine with a teaser trailer.

In collaboration with leading entertainment company Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), Slitherine, a world leading producer and publisher of digital strategy games, is proud to announce that it will develop and publish Stargate: Timekeepers, the first-ever strategy PC game based on the fan favorite series, Stargate SG-1. Stargate: Timekeepers departs from the end of season 7 of the Stargate SG-1 main plot to create a wholly original story starting during the Battle of Antarctica, where Command Eva McCain and her team are tasked with supporting the SG-1 against Anubis's fleet. The aftermath of the battle sees Commander McCain and her squad face an epic adventure that spans multiple original locations.

In Stargate: Timekeepers, players will travel through time and space, save civilians from the threats of their system lords, rescue their friends and allies from danger, and much more.
More information.

I'm hoping this plays like XCOM. Would be perfect having your squad fighting turn based on alien planets/ships and you can easily do a base defense and research tree.

Stargate as a game?
giphy.gif

Sure, I'm in.

Man, we could use another entry from the sci-fi side of things, and this is a stellar franchise, deep with a lot of history to explore. Jaffa!

Should have music by Sun Ra.

Yeah I would like an RPG as well but once again it's Slitherine. All they publish or develop is strategy games. There once was an RPG but If I remember it was an MMO game.

Not much of a dev pedigree and I probably expect too much …but Stargate is a vastly untapped potential game franchise if they stop trying to make it a shooter.

Funny, I was just wishing that this had been a shooter instead. I don't really get into RTS games anymore. Of course an RPG would have been even better.

A new RTS game based on Starship Troopers was also recently announced, and I had the same thought about that game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1202130/Starship_Troopers__Terran_Command/

I watched everything Stargate. All series, seasons, movies, except the newest total trainwreck leprosy filled rotten shameful Stargate Origins.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Stargate: Universe, yet I still watched it, giving it every opportunity to be good. If a game does happen, I'll hope for it to be a crpg, yet if it's a strategy, I still will likely give it a go.

"strategy PC game" this can mean so many things. What prefix/suffix type of strategy game will it be.

Back
Top Bottom