Encased - Joining Koch Media

Yeah I'm fully on board with those that think the voice acting is a bit much, that always seems like a huge waste of resources to me. Put those funds into a longer campaign, or flesh out the companions a bit more with interactive quests or something along those lines, give the buyers some bang for those bucks.

There was an RPG released this year for the "Paranoia" tabletop game. Unfortunately it was garbage and turned out to be terrible. Hardly see anyone talk about it anymore.

Encased is more like Fallout with various factions in the destroyed world.

I think that Paranoia: Mandatory Happiness is not even available on the market anymore, at least I can't find it on any digital store :D

I've played for a few hours, it's really enjoyable so far! It's quite fun, too.

A lot of dialogs, and many options that gives the player enough freedom of choice in them, of little consequence for now since I'm still at the beginning. Good interaction with the environment too.

I also like the personality of the different categories of people. It's somehow a little caricatural, but the dialogs are quite consistent with each individual. The way you reply will get you little remarks or sneers, some things you say may change how they'll behave later. It makes the world more convincing.

It's hard to tell if that will remain the same throughout the whole game, and if there are more significant choices later on.

It still needs polishing, there are little bugs or rough edges here and there, but mostly "cosmetics" and nothing really impacting the gameplay.

There was an RPG released this year for the "Paranoia" tabletop game. Unfortunately it was garbage and turned out to be terrible. Hardly see anyone talk about it anymore.

Encased is more like Fallout with various factions in the destroyed world.

Yup, I saw that horrible attempt at a tabletop-Paranoia style PC game and it made me sad. Paranoia was a lot of fun and it could have been done very well. I think it was in the Epic store for like a month or two and then just quietly removed. (It was shovelware, by all reviews and accounts I heard.)

Dark Crystal Games gave more information regarding this new publisher deal:
This partnership will allow us to remain who we are and do what the studio was created to do — develop exciting games focused on the wishes of players, not on analytics, monetization and PR. All the work related to quality control, publishing and promotion of the game will be done by our new partners from Koch Media, we believe in their experience and professionalism, and we know that they will do a great job.
(today in Steam patch release notes)

Back
Top Bottom