Goodbye from me

Well if you need to leave here, at least stay with us on the 'Codex :)

If this really was your last post, I can only say that it is a bummer to lose an other long time watcher. It was often intresting to read your thoughts about videogames. I hope you atleast shortly return here to share your opinion when Larian releases the next baldur's gate.

It will be sad to see you leave, as I feel that your passion and your opinions about rpgs here are very insightful and encourged me to try and look at rpgs from other perspective.

I hope that is just a break (we all need one once in a while for different reasons) and look forward to your posts and thoughts.

It's unfortunate to hear this. I hope you find something/somewhere fun to keep you busy and happy. Brake the habit (not the hobbit). Greener pastures. All that stuff :)

Ah I was bummed to see this @purpleblob;, especially since I found so much common ground with you over Pathfinder Kingmaker (even if I could not win you over to Skyrim lol).

Like others you have had a unique voice around here, sometimes I agree with you completely, other times not, but it would be pretty boring if everyone agreed all the time.

I know what it is like being in a minority, even though I have often been surprised at some of the tolerance I have found here from others. Those folks I value a lot. The others I ignore and don't care about their opinions or respect them.

I hope once some time passes you will reconsider. It is clear lots of folks here like your posts and enjoy your contribution. Sometimes a few dark threads can wear you out. I know a few times the Skyrim haters got me down and I fled the forums for a while. But meh ... we all have our own tastes and in the end it doesn't matter. So I try to take a lighter approach with the haters or just ignore them.

Anyhow I know I would miss seeing you around.

Just want to say bye to everyone.

It was getting rather obvious that I'm firmly in "minority" with just about everything and I am getting rather tired of hearing opinions that are always opposite to mine with no one really being able to understand how I feel - completely out of place.

So, it is rather difficult to find a reason to hang around - must admit, it's doing any good for my mental health either.

So, good bye. I hope everyone continues to enjoy gaming.

@purpleblob;
Wow, I find myself agreeing with what you write quite often.

Would be really sad to see you go Purple we are many who love having you here.

Would be really sad to see you go Purple we are many who love having you here.

cHLVnE.gif

I (finally) start playing Pathfinder Kingmaker and pretty much find it the greatest game ever made, solidifying that yes, @purpleblob; has been right all along. I was wondering why I got no "I told you so's".

Really sad to hear that PB and I sincerely hope you change your mind. I've no idea what discussions made you feel that way but I'm fairly certain you're not in a minority when it comes to taste in games.

Change your mind, and if not, best of luck and happy gaming!

Last edited:
Sad to see you go and I hope you will change your mind (or just take a break). I love the diversity of rpg(-like) genres within the watch and see what other people are playing. I never discuss to 'win' an argument, but to learn from it.

I almost didn't comment because I always think this is so obvious, but I guess saying it out loud helps sometimes. Likewise, when I see an argument where someone is being a jerk, I tend to just leave that thread alone (no idea if that was the case here). I admit this might not always be the best choice (as you hang people involved out to dry).

Hey Purps, as a fellow Aussie please stick around so we can teach these Yanks and Euros what real culture is!! :D :)

Sorry to hear that, PB. I never had an issue with your postings or opinions, in fact I thought they were often quite sensible. Maybe you'll come back after a break?

It was a fight with SirJames? Nah, you shouldn't leave over that, PUrple. Pretty sure I've had at least one of those myself, and lots of us like having you around.

It was a fight with SirJames? Nah, you shouldn't leave over that, PUrple. Pretty sure I've had at least one of those myself, and lots of us like having you around.

I don’t think anyone knows exact reason ... but she was clear that behavior, attitudes and treatment were reasons. And this stuff isn’t new here. And just because it isn’t a frothing pit of 4chan qanon types doesn’t mean this is an inviting and open space. Because it isn’t, as we’ve seen again and again.

I think sometime people attack the messenger instead of the message; but other times people just don't like people disagreeing with them. I think in the former case the moderators could be more aggressive (though there is some risk here because there are gray areas); but in other cases the internet will always be problematic because communications require a lot more than just words but the internet only provides the words….. I.e, a conversation over the internet is not the same as a conversation during a pen and paper game.

Anyway i've been using the internet for over 30 years (yea folks its been around a long time); and I will say that back in the late 80's and early 90's when mostly college seniors, grad students, and faculty use the internet life was different than in the late 90's early 2000's when the rest of the world join. It isn't even about disagreeing over a topic but the words use by people discussing these topics changed as well as the anger level at disagreement. Oh well kind of miss the early years.

[Yea yea there were bboards even older but those weren't real time - they were only quasi real-time so they don't count ;) ]

I don’t think anyone knows exact reason … but she was clear that behavior, attitudes and treatment were reasons. And this stuff isn’t new here. And just because it isn’t a frothing pit of 4chan qanon types doesn’t mean this is an inviting and open space. Because it isn’t, as we’ve seen again and again.

Back
Top Bottom