Torchlight III - Will have Customisable Forts

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Torchlight III talks about the ability to customise your forts.

Home Sweet Home in Torchlight III

Forts are your personal mark on the world. Each will truly be unique and the resources are in your hands.
By SoFech Apr 16, 2020 08:55 am

In Torchlight III, every adventurer earns their own fortress in the frontier -- a customizable, personalizable plot of environmental expression. Explore the freedom of creating both form and function as you place decorative set pieces alongside gameplay enhancing buildings. The possibilities are endless!

Create an Estate

Forts are your personal mark on the world. Each will truly be unique and the resources are in your hands. The interior can be customized with a wide variety of cosmetic objects. Plant a lush garden, make a monument to your success, or memorials to the thousands of Goblins that stood in your way. Build a path... or don't! The choice is yours. Forts are instantly ready to customize when unlocked early in Act I of Torchlight III. But first, you'll have to claim your Fort from a local Goblin tribe. Experience the thrill of your own pest control adventure!

Objects you craft or earn can be placed anywhere at any time you want within your Fort's protective walls. You have the tools to position them in the direction you want them to face, stack them inside of each other, and freely move them around your plot. Once an object has been crafted, it's yours for good! Place it right away, or store it in the Fort Inventory to use later.

Your fresh Fort comes equipped with a load of assets already in place, ready for you to reorient as you see fit. New decorations can be unlocked by adventuring out in the world. Some are given as quest rewards, but most are awarded by progressing through Contract tiers. There's even a special Contract designed to provide you with the most Fort cosmetic bang for your buck. Check out some the awesome cosmetics you can craft:

Leave A Legacy

Any adventurer can encounter your Fort while journeying through the frontiers, and likewise you will encounter theirs. They're the perfect place to enhance your characters, show off your loot and collections, store items, and visit with party members. Some structures are interactable and will serve invaluable to your character's growth and progress throughout the game. Place stations that other players can interact with like a beautiful Luck Tree to bestow its blessing on fellow fortune-seekers or an alluring Enchanting Station to share your rarest recipes.

[...]
More information.

I read that briefly as "fonts" and thought, wow, they must really be starved for things to report as features.

Same. I was like really? Users wanted customizable fonts to the point the developers decided to add them in?

I had to check the link to read ... and then saw my mistake. Forts. Well those are nice as well.

Cool idea! This definitely piques my interest. :aww:

It's very cartoonish if that's what you mean, but the series has always been that way.

Definitely have been, but they seem to pull it off and the world looks really good...

I typically hate cartoon-like graphics but it didn't bother me in Torchlight or Fate. I hope the build options are a little more varied this time, but otherwise really looking forward to the game.

I typically hate cartoon-like graphics but it didn't bother me in Torchlight or Fate. I hope the build options are a little more varied this time, but otherwise really looking forward to the game.

Prepare to be a little disappointed with build options, what they have at the moment is pretty light. Four classes with not a lot of skills to really choose from, and it's still quite buggy. Gameplay has started to smooth out though, movement is much better than it was before, getting stuck on scenery and enemies is less of a problem.

Prepare to be a little disappointed with build options, what they have at the moment is pretty light. Four classes with not a lot of skills to really choose from, and it's still quite buggy. Gameplay has started to smooth out though, movement is much better than it was before, getting stuck on scenery and enemies is less of a problem.

Yeah, this is my biggest fear. You can have classes, in fact I think I prefer that. However, you need to have a ton of choices within each class or replayability suffers and that's what these games are all about.

This looks good. I think a customizable base is a great concept to add for a Diablo-like game. More stuff to "work for" that's not just damage & armor class numbers.

Any word on a release date?

Are they taking away modding? You know the older ones have like a ton of classes by people who made them.

Are they taking away modding? You know the older ones have like a ton of classes by people who made them.

good question, rune. Though if we have to wait for the community to mod the game, then you might as well wait until the price drops down real low too. That's a win-win in that case. Modders improve the game and the sale improves the wallet :biggrin:

...not that I'll wait. I buy all the arpgs almost immediately and sometimes before they even release. I

Runic provided modding tools for T2 about a year after the game was released and by that time people lost interest in the game and the full potential these tools provided was never realised. You have that overhyped synergies mod but I never liked it it just overcrowds the areas with enemies, the game became a slugfest.

I've played Torchlight Frontiers and Torchlight III; III is marginally better but still needs work. I could care less about custom housing right now, this is something that should be a stretch goal. They need to improve just about everything else right now.

Sadly, T3 won't be able to match with Diablo 4. And by the time T3 releases, D4 would be in beta probably.

I don't think it is trying to match it....two different itches.

So ... "housing" seems to be a new trend or fashion in RPGs ...

Back
Top Bottom