Ys Seven - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The J-RPG Ys Seven has been released today:

Ys SEVEN - Launch Trailer

Experience the first “modern-era” Ys game, now off the small screen for its worldwide PC debut! Features a full party system, dozens of unique combat skills, and a massive overworld to explore. Uncover the secret of the Five Great Dragons, and help Adol Christin save the day once again!
More information.

I've bought it but I recommend threading carefully.

The port is playable after key remapping, but there are other annoyances that it feels like a lazywork:

True, it was outsourced job. But it's not what I'd call really bad. Bad, yes it is, really bad, it is not.

An example why it isn't really bad are ingame help "screenshots". These contain A, B, X, Y rubbish on them, but it's also written that controls displayed are Xbox mushrooms defaults and you can set your own via options. Well, you go options, set what you want and in the actual game you see for example Q-E to switch tabs and not LB-RB insults, or whatever.

That part alone makes it a better port than Neptunia that should have been banned on Steam till they fix insults. Did I ever say don't buy Neptunia games on Steam? If I didn't, I say now. Don't. Neptunia.

Some people say the port lacks of more graphics options, I call that rubbish. Graphics is generally pisspoor as the original game was on some lousy phone garbage and as such more effects or postprocessing can't make it look better.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I wondered if anyone played this - it is currently on sale on humble (drm free) and it looks quite good. Moreover is the PC port OK?

I'm also curious about this game, in the previews that I saw it looked maybe a bit too action-y for me, but I could be wrong about it. I really like these kinds of games, but prefer the turn based ones.

Already posted above. Bought it.
Also played it. Till it got on my nerves so much I've uninstalled it. Ys7 port is okay and you won't have any problem with controlling characters, it's the game that's poor contentwise. A cheap grinder with almost no story. Worth a few bucks and killing an afternoon if you don't have anything better to do, but there is no way I'll ever return to it.

Back
Top Bottom